Author Topic: Tweaking a homemade custom pedal...need some pointers  (Read 5224 times)

gjbrocker

Tweaking a homemade custom pedal...need some pointers
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:51:54 PM »
Hey there,

Glad to have joined this forum...there seems to be a wealth of information that will my cousin and I with our little hobby!

Basically we found the schematic for the original Tonebender fuzz pedal and made it with a few minor modifications (an extra resistor and another cap towards the output). The one major thing we added though was a 20k pot bypassing the first transistor. As of now, it acts as a sort of gain and the pedal sounds REALLY good. The only problem is that it sounds great when you roll it up from zero until a little before full and then the signal just loses strength after that. It was suggested to us that we use an IC chip at some point to help fix that (I know the original Proco Rats used them)...but i know very little about them and I figured I would ask other (more experienced) people what the best way to fix this issue is.

Please note that our knowledge is basic at this point so if my explanation is a bit vague I apologize. ANY and all help is appreciated though!

Cheers