Anybody use Vishay/Telefunken 1N914s??

Started by Mike Nichting, October 03, 2003, 11:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nichting

Hi all,
I just got a couple 1N914s that are Vishay/Telefunken. I checked and the usual 1N914 is 100v 200mA and these are 100v 300mA. Will that make a difference in a circuit??

Thanks
Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

zachary vex

1n914 diodes?  no, those spec differences will make no difference in a 9v circuit.

Mike Nichting

I was a hopin that would be the answer~!! :)
Thanks Z~!!

Hows Business??  I hope you are a very busy man :D

Rock on~!!

Mike Nichting

I should have added that I am going to use them in a Tube Driver circuit powered by a 12.6v power transformer. I'm guessin it still won't make a difference/?!!
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".

zachary vex

it shouldn't, but remember that 1n914s are signal diodes, designed for low currents and sensitive applications.  if you need rectifier diodes for something like a power supply, use the 1n4000 series at the proper voltage.  sounds like, for your application, that would be the 1n4001.

business is good.  up almost 13% over last year, which i'm pleased with considering how crummy the economy is and the number of unemployed people.

Mike Nichting

The circuit has a couple 1N4007's in it as well so that might cover that area.
hell Z, you know a bad economy isn't going to stop a broke musician from buying his tools of the trade :D   People don't stop going to bars to see a band even if they are broke hehehe   Thats when we make extra cash to buy your stuff :-)

I'm glad to hear that business is good But then with the kind of quality pedals you build how could it be bad??!!

thanks much,
Mike Nichting

Mike Nichting

I have a 4007 diode that is marked UF4007. I got it from radio shack, is this the same as a 1N4007??

Thanks
Mike

bwanasonic

Quote from: zachary vex
business is good.  up almost 13% over last year, which i'm pleased with considering how crummy the economy is and the number of unemployed people.

When I am trying to stuff a piece of perfboard with a handful of parts into an enclosure with a switch and a couple of jacks, and maybe a knob or two, I keep the image of  the insides of your Nano Amp in my head  for inspiration! I look forward to owning some of your pedals someday.

Kerry M