Author Topic: NOOB mounting question  (Read 5313 times)

fuzzy645

NOOB mounting question
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
Am I correct in my assumption that all components get mounted to the circuit board EXCEPT for:

* pots
* 3PDT foot switch
* LED indicator
* in & out jacks

Also, with regards to mounting the board to the enclosure via "stand offs" - how does this work?  Do you drill a holes in the PC board to mount the standoffs to, and then use double-stick tape to stick the other end to the metal enclosure?

Thank you.

.Mike

Re: NOOB mounting question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »
For the beginner project, yes, everything is mounted on the board except the pots, switch, LED, and jacks. If you look at the schematic, though, you will see that there is a 47uF electrolytic capacitor that connects to the middle pin of the pot, and to the pin of the pot that connects to ground. It would be ok to connect this capacitor directly to the pot if it is easier for you.

For standoffs, you're exactly right. The stick-on ones have a double-sided tape pad on the bottom, and require you to drill a hole in the board, but don't require any holes in the enclosure.

:)

Mike

If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

fuzzy645

Re: NOOB mounting question
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 04:21:42 PM »
For the beginner project, yes, everything is mounted on the board except the pots, switch, LED, and jacks. If you look at the schematic, though, you will see that there is a 47uF electrolytic capacitor that connects to the middle pin of the pot, and to the pin of the pot that connects to ground. It would be ok to connect this capacitor directly to the pot if it is easier for you.

For standoffs, you're exactly right. The stick-on ones have a double-sided tape pad on the bottom, and require you to drill a hole in the board, but don't require any holes in the enclosure.

:)

Mike

Thank you!