Anyone here use Mammoth Electronics regularly?

Started by Gristlepig, February 26, 2018, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gristlepig

I swore off them for like 3-4 years on account of almost every order being short/incorrect. Considering their prices and selection of pcb mount pots, I figures I'd give em another shot...

Well, I was short a pot, which isn't a huge deal—but I was also short nuts and washers for 21 pots. Bummer.

Do I just have terrible luck with these guys, or is this still business as usual over there?

I can't get everything I need from Mouser, and I want to support an American business that employs local people. But man... I can't have every order coming in wrong.

Has anyone else had similar expereinces of late?
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
- Anatole France

wavley

I don't order from them often, but the last couple of orders I've made (maybe a year ago) everything was just great and shipped quickly. 
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Ripthorn

I've made two recent purchases that were both correct on all accounts.  Sorry to hear about your bad experience.  Do they at least rectify the situation?
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

dennism

Like Gristlepig, I too swore them off because of terrible customer service a few years back.   Unlike Gristlepig, I didn't give them a second chance and have no intention of doing so.   I buy from their competition instead.

bloxstompboxes

Didn;t they go under new management in the past year or two? I think they even posted here and asked for advice on things.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Gristlepig

To their credit, they did email me the same day and very promptly and courteously offered to make things right.

I was emailed a tracking number early this morn for the correct parts.

Next time I need higher value Rev Log pcb mount pots, I may give them another shot. C500k and C1M right angle pcb mount pots for fifty cents a piece can't be found anywhere else. (And after all the counterfeit J201's I received, I really don't want to mess with Tayda)
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
- Anatole France

BetterOffShred

They certainly appear to be a great place to get Belton reverb modules.  Their selection of pots is nice too.  I will give them a try next time I'm ordering some parts and report back. 

Incidentally I've only ever gotten bunk shit from Tayda once and it was 7660's.. and in their defense it was just the one without the S so I should have seen that.  Really not bunk shit I guess  :icon_redface:

They carry DD and XX boxes now too..  :icon_cool:

thermionix

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on February 27, 2018, 09:24:15 AM
Didn;t they go under new management in the past year or two? I think they even posted here and asked for advice on things.

Are you thinking of PPP?

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: thermionix on February 27, 2018, 04:55:58 PM
Quote from: bloxstompboxes on February 27, 2018, 09:24:15 AM

Are you thinking of PPP?
You are correct sir. Nevermind. Bought some pots on clearance from mammoth once but order was completed without issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.