[Help] replacement wah switch for colorsound wah/fuzz/swell

Started by raney, October 04, 2011, 04:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raney

Hello,

I own a colorsound wah/fuzz/swell and i am having an issue with the wah switch. The problem is that when I am pushing the switch it makes
a "plock" or "wack" sound with reverb that is really noticeable/annoying. I need it to be silent ...

What would you suggest as a replacement switch for that kinf of pedal ?

thank you for your help.

petemoore

that kinf of pedal
  I'm too lazy to study and see what 'that' means...
   There are numerous ways to do the switchings, is this an ''older than electronic switching'' pedal [many modern pedals opt for electronic switching triggered by a momentary SPST, less expense/more reliable]...Aron sells 3pdt's which might have extra lugs for LED but will probably accomodate the functions of the switch that was in there.
  'Probably' is as vague as my understanding of what type of switch would be getting replaced.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

Might just be that the switch is old and mechanically noisey. You could try replacing it and see if that helps.

LucifersTrip

...is the problem mechanical (switch) or electronic (in the circuit)?
always think outside the box

raney

thanks all for the answers. I don't really know how to test if it's a mechanical or elctronical problem, probably replacing it would do the trick. I've been also looking for a pot replacement (100k dual gang as far as I've read) mine is scratchy after a short time even after using a contact spray (wich gets it working perfectly but for only 3 minutes :( ).  I have found a "bourns" pot that seems to work for these great pedal :
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/trimmers-potentiometer-rheostat/7377726/
what do you think of it ?

also Is a 3pdt switch (standard) ok for replacement ?

thanks for the help ;)

Paul Marossy

Yes, you can use a 3PDT switch. You'll just have a unused pole is all.

Just about any pot can work in that enclosure, but that pot you linked above may not last any longer than any other pot. It's just a regular pot that is not designed specifically for use in a wah pedal, so don't expect it to last that long.

raney

allright Thx Paul, I'll check the english site with the bourns pot (I've read they use it in today's colorsound pedals) plus i'll look around for a switch too !

merci à tous / thanks all  ;)

Paul Marossy

Quote from: raney on October 05, 2011, 01:51:08 PM
allright Thx Paul, I'll check the english site with the bourns pot (I've read they use it in today's colorsound pedals) plus i'll look around for a switch too !

merci à tous / thanks all  ;)

They might use a similar pot as what you linked in the current ones. The nice thing about the Colorsound wah is that if the pot wears out, you can replace it with easily obtainable and inexpensive pots, whereas with most other wah pedals you just can't do that.