Arduino - full function remote?

Started by head_spaz, October 05, 2011, 07:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

head_spaz

Wondering...
Last year I built an AX84 October Studio amp and I really do love it!
It's definitely a keeper... goes all the way from Rocky Raccoon to SRV... but... you gotta twist ALL the knobs to go from one end to the other.
A footswitching matrix would come in handy, but I'm thinking this is one of those rare projects that's worthy of a FULL function remote remote.

I've seen the Arduino tutorials where an analog pot connects to an Ardweiner Uno, and it digitally activates a servo using PWM. Pretty dang slick.
So... I want to know if I can maybe do 4 channels of pots and servos, and maybe three relays, and do the bocci thru wireless blootuth or XBee.
Will the UNOs be able to accomadate so many IOs?

So what do I need, hardware wise, and what would the programming look like?
As far as the pots and servos go, is it just a matter of giving each a different designation under the same function?

Go easy with the programming lingo... I'm still a virgin.

Deception does not exist in real life, it is only a figment of perception.

G. Hoffman

I'm pretty sure there are some MIDI project boards out there that would give you everything you need for this.  Set up each control as a MIDI Control Change (CC) message.  The big problem is that, from what I've seen, most digital pots have very low power ratings, and pretty much no voltage, so you would need to be absolutely sure you are only passing AC signal voltage to them.

Gabriel