Whats a good transister to use for wahs

Started by paulyy, October 06, 2011, 03:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegagan

warning! last time i yanked my buffer out the police came and took me downtown ( shouldn't have done it walmart, apparently)
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Earthscum

Joe, you mean you were at Walmart buying buffers? Those keep that screaming, doppler sound oscillation from happening.... the buffer you wish the lady in front of you had used? See, buffers are good, especially in contest of Crybabies.

BTW, you aren't supposed to size them right there... not like shoes, man.  :icon_lol:
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

Paul Marossy

Quote from: joegagan on October 08, 2011, 07:50:57 PM
warning! last time i yanked my buffer out the police came and took me downtown ( shouldn't have done it walmart, apparently)

So you were using your wah pedal in Walmart in the buff?!?!  :icon_lol:

Gus

The thread I started should help people understand how the bias changes with different transistors.  I also show a place to adjust bias that has a min effect on the rest of the circuit. IMO higher hfe transistors are good for the EF section Q2

To truly compare Q1 effect on tone one should adjust the bias for the same collector voltage after switching transistors

The real question IMO.  Is the tone from the transistor(s) or is the tone from the bias/operating points of Q1, Q2?