Author Topic: Switch questions - how to identify?  (Read 2763 times)

gmann63

Switch questions - how to identify?
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:16:01 PM »
Allright, rank newbie here, and at the risk of being flamed for my ignorance, I've spent a couple of hours searching different forums and websites, and have yet to find an easy-to-understand answer to my questions. I've searched this forum, but had no luck, although I'm certain this must have been addressed before for other newbs.

Here's what I'm trying to do - my switch on my old Ross Distortion (tan box, made in Taiwan) has failed. It no longer clicks when I press it, and I want to replace the switch. The distortion still works, I just can't turn it off and on reliably. It has three leads soldered onto three points on the switch.

What kind of switch is this? DPDT? SPDT?

I want to replace it. Do I need an exact replacement, or can I get a 3PDT switch? If so, how would I wire it? As I said, this is my first attempt at repairing a stompbox. I very nearly bought a momentary switch online last night before figuring out that would not be optimal (LOL). Any help is appreciated.

aron

Re: Switch questions - how to identify?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »
It looks like a singe pole double throw. The blue probably connects to either the purple or yellow.

You can buy a switch from the STORE link above and help support this site  ;)

Check this out:

gmann63

Re: Switch questions - how to identify?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »
Thank you! That is helpful.