Group shot - a thread for the obsessed?

Started by chromesphere, October 09, 2011, 11:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi everyone,

I built my first pedal only 3 years ago.  I have been building them, for myself and for friends / relatives ever since. 

It gives me great pride to own so many cool effects.  As fellow diystompbox builders, you know the joys and the pains of building these things.  I'm so glad I persisted with the hobby when times were tough.

So here is a shot of the fruits of my labor.  These are all the pedals i've built for myself over the last few years. 

Please feel free to add your group shots!

Paul

Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Nikolay

chromesphere

Thanks guys.
It would be good to see other peoples diy pedal collections.  Big, small or otherwise? I bet there are some out there that would put mine to shame? Come on horders, you know who you are :)
Paul

kaycee

very nice collection there Paul, all look like quality finishes, nice work indeed!

This is my collection, all built by me. Other than two Guyatone Effects (Tube Overdrive and the Chorus Box) and a Dan Echo (thats on the way out) I'm all DIY. Most of these are in my keeper box, a couple are ones from my stock that I sell now and then and don't do it for me.

Of course there are more on the way, and I need more pedals like I need another hole in my head but thats the way it is with this hobby!

chromesphere

Quote from: kaycee on November 18, 2011, 01:29:48 PM
Of course there are more on the way, and I need more pedals like I need another hole in my head but thats the way it is with this hobby!

And the point of this thread too i think :) I'm on holiday's at the moment, its only been two weeks and im already eager as hell to get stuck into some stuff i'm half way through.  Its addictive! But how cool is it to have all these awesome effects in arms reach and learn so much as you build them?  Hence why i keep coming back for more i guess.

Nice collection man! I really like the lettering on that Freq Box.  How did you do that?  Looks cool!  And what is that red thing with 9 knobs  :icon_eek:

They all look really good, you have some pro looking stuff there, congrats!
Paul

kaycee

Thanks Paul, yes I agree with you, fun to get to try all these different effects - no way I could aford to buy all of these, and the building is generally an enjoyable experience too.

Freq Box is done with stick on letters, you can buy sheets of them in craft stores or stationary outlets, loads of different styles available and pretty cheap. Just mark out and stick on then clear coat.

The 9 Knobber is a 3 band parametric EQ on vero from Harold Sabro's layouts: http://www.sabrotone.com/?p=578

Pigyboy

And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

chromesphere

3 band para eq!  Now thats something i dont have!  God help me...

Ahhh, i thought they were stickers.  I started a thread on this forum a while ago about some craft stickers i found.  Yours look bigger then mine and give it a different look.  Might have to look around for some large sized ones like yours for the title of the pedal.

Cool stuff man, keep it up!
Paul

glops

The Fam

Left to right:

Top -       The Shambler (Anchovie's Noise Ensemble), Harmonic Energizer, Colorsound Bass Fuzz, Bass Fuss, Rat,
               Clari(not), Echobase

Middle -   Shin Ei FY2, Craig Anderton Ring Modulator, Heave Ho (Professor Tweed), Tetsuo (Acetone Fuzzmaster FM2), Gristliezer

Bottom -  Splitter Blend, Buzzaround, Tim E's Simple Square Wave shaper running into a Phase Locked Loop,
               Foxx Tone Machine, Fuzzrite, Ampeg Scrambler, Brassmaster, Patmaster (Shin ei FY2)

Been playing with two chaps lately and have been using the Ring Mod with the Noise Ensemble in the effects loop, the Buzzaround,
the Tone Machine, the FM2, the Clari, Echobase, and the Gristleizer (when it works).  Lots of fun noise!

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

chromesphere

Nice dudes!  Its really starting to become apparent how each person has their own way of presenting this stuff.
Paul

LaceSensor

Ive built these since January this year, plus stuff for others not pictured
(2 x Woolly Mammoth, 2 x Fuzz Factory, 1 x Mi Crunch Box, 1 x Meathead, 1 x Echobase DLX, 1 x DOD EF440, 1 x Si Tonebender, 1 x Dr Boogie etc)

Row one (L to R)

Light Wah (Robert Henry)
Way Huge Aqua Puss (needs decal)
The Lowrider (Madbean Lowrider Pearl Octaver)
Deluxe Memory Man (Madbean Dirtbag dlx)
Back to the 80s (Madbean Pork Barrel v2 mn3007)
TS 808 (Madbean Greanbean)
John Hollis Flatline Optical Compressor
Echobase (Taylor / Slacker)

Row two (L to R)

Banksy Wall and Peace (Red Llama / Green Ringer)
Frequency Central Little Angel Chorus
Vibe Unit (John Hollis Easy Vibe)
Mintberry Crunch (Guitar PCB Cap'n Munch)
Deep Blue Delay (Madbean Sea Urchin, etched enclosure)
Mario One Knob Fuzz
Buzz Sleaze (Lovetone Big Cheese)
Wolf Computer (incorrect, but cool box)

Row three (L to R)

Zvex SHO
Zvex Fuzz Factory (Ac128s)
Zvex Box of Rock (dirt channel)
Zvex Woolly Mammoth (with input inpedence knob)
Zvex Super Duper (Madbean Firebomb)
Zvex Machine (Madbean Machine w/ Trim on front)
Sustain Punch Creamy Dreamer Big Muff
Lovetone Meatball (Taylor Meatsphere)

Row Four (L to R)

Lovetone Ring Stinger (Stringringer v2)
Lovetone Cheese Source (Big Cheese and a Doug Hammond Tone Source variation on Brown Source)
Reboxed Pearl Flanger (white spraypaint, needs decal and knobs)
Christine glitch fuzz (needs decal and knobs)
Tap Tempo Tremolo (needs decal and knobs)
Lovetone Brown Source (needs decal and knobs)
Zvex ooh wah (Madbean Dig dug, unfinished)

DavenPaget

The lowrider = No good tone ?  :icon_mrgreen: @#$% that  :icon_biggrin:
Hiatus

Mark Hammer

Oh man, those pics are frighteningly familiar!