Does anyone know where Zvex gets those soft click DPDTs?

Started by MikeH, April 09, 2007, 08:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Does anyone know where zvex gets these?  Or at least who makes them?  I've checked through mouser, but their catalog is impossible unless you know exactly what you're looking for. 
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I don't know about Zvex, but I got some VERY good switches by clicking on STORE at the top of this page!
And, they arrived faster than a speedig bullet...

MikeH

Yes.  I have bought those switches.  They're all I've ever used, in fact.  But I just tried out a zvex pedal for the first time this weekend and I was really stoked about the switch.  It appears to be a mechanical DPDT but it's soft like an electronic switch.  I'd be interested in picking a few up for the DIY pedals I use regularly if they're not ridiculously expensive.

zachary vex

I custom-ordered those switches from NKK in Japan.  I'm not sure what the minimum order is... i believe my last order was for 2.500.  Normally they come with plastic plungers... the chromed metal plungers and combination of dress nut/lockwasher and jam nut is what made them a "custom" order.  You may be able to get the plastic plunger version from an NKK dealer.

MikeH

Straight from the source.  Awesome.  Thank you very much mr zvex.

jlullo

+1.  as i've said before, those switches are like butter.

mjyearout

Quote from: zachary vex on April 09, 2007, 10:07:25 AM
I custom-ordered those switches from NKK in Japan.  I'm not sure what the minimum order is... i believe my last order was for 2.500.  Normally they come with plastic plungers... the chromed metal plungers and combination of dress nut/lockwasher and jam nut is what made them a "custom" order.  You may be able to get the plastic plunger version from an NKK dealer.

I was able to find a pretty wide selection of NKK on DigiKey, but I can't tell by reading the spec sheets whether or not the ones I am looking at are Soft Click. ZVex, could you provide the model number?

armdnrdy

This thread is from 2007.
I clicked on Zachary Vex's info:

Last Active:  October 01, 2011, 03:40:04 PM

This means that he has not logged on to this site for over two years!

Hey...who knows...today may be your lucky day!  :icon_wink:
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)