[HELP] lifted solder pad on pcb w/ hidden traces

Started by HeaD, November 22, 2011, 04:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alparent

Make yourself an audio probe http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/audioprb.gif

I know you don't have the schematic........but you can find the datasheets for the componants on that board.
Make sure things are getting the right voltage....check the audio path with your new best firend (the probe). With the help od the datasheets, check the audio-ins and audio-outs...

There will be no easy way out of this one. 

egasimus

You're unlikely to find the datasheet for the most important chip there - the ASIC (application specific IC, i.e. it's made specifically for playing drum samples), and the other ICs are just a microprocessor, ROM, and logic - and maybe a couple of opamps, but I'm not sure if these are even in the audio path. In our email exchange, you mentioned that the OS works fine, so it's better to leave those alone for now.

An audio probe is something that I should've mentioned in my email - try it, starting from the tip contacts of all 4 output jacks. Try probing the lugs of the volume potentiometer, too - since you mentioned replacing it. Maybe it's just a broken wire? Try the pads where the wires are soldered to the PCB.

HeaD

Quote from: egasimus on November 24, 2011, 08:05:38 AM
An audio probe is something that I should've mentioned in my email - try it, starting from the tip contacts of all 4 output jacks. Try probing the lugs of the volume potentiometer, too - since you mentioned replacing it. Maybe it's just a broken wire? Try the pads where the wires are soldered to the PCB.

Thanks guys, I'll check with the audio probe too and let you know then!
Sorry for my english :|