SOLEMATE or Little Lanilei Reverb?? anyone has schematics of them?

Started by richon, December 06, 2011, 09:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richon

new test:

it seems not so much bass needs to be rested , also some highs on the recovery part as it makes the reverb a little shorter and more  natural

changing the 68pf cap to 1n makes the reverb like changing a "empty room reverb" to a "normally full room"  and a lot more natural sounding , and pleasing too.
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

richon

so i added a Tone control post reverb recovery (before the 100K mixer) alla 6g15 fender reverb 63'  and BINGO... that's it!!!

you can control completly the way the reverb works and this way it feels way more natural...   now it sound REAL!!!
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

richon

Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

deepMago!

Demian

Ciao mattia!

there's just one thing I don't understand clearly on yuor schem..
How are the jack terminals represented?
Is the tip represented with [1] and the sleeve with [2]?

It's not clear to me, because the circuit input jack is wired with [1] to ground, while the reverb input is wire with [2] to ground.

Can you help me, please?
Grazie!

there'll be just another road, when I get to the end...

deepMago!

Yes, your interpretation is right. For the input "1" is to sleeve and "2" to Tip. On the Output the connector are reversed "2" is to sleeve and "1" for Tip. My mistake!
When I designed the schematic in expressPCB  I've used for the jacks a connector cause i was thinking about design a PCB with the jack wired off the board.
If someone is intrested here are the file for express pcb:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5509209/sPRINGrEVERB%20copia.sch

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: richon on December 06, 2011, 09:50:23 AM
found it, although it seems that something is missing as there isn't a "clean" signal or blend, right?

There is through the 33k at the output.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

Demian

Thank you very much for the clarification!
I'm waiting for the components to arrive to me... I can't wait to try and build it!

Buon tutto!!! :)
there'll be just another road, when I get to the end...

busse

Quote from: deepMago! on December 06, 2011, 11:37:13 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5509209/SpringReverb.jpg

This is the schematic of the reverb I designed, based on The fender '63 unit. I'm using it powered with 9volts and works good.

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm from Sweden so I hope you understand my english.

I found this topic and desided to build this reverb, It works fine but i got problem with high frequency noise and feedback when I got the mix pot turn up around 8 of 10. I build a 6G15 tone controll and if i turn of the treble with the tone controll the noise and feedback dissappear but then I think the tone of the reverb is to muddy. At more normal settings the reverb works fine but if I want to play surf things like Dick Dale I got problem with with noise and feedback. I have tried to chance the 68pF capacitor to 220pF but it was no big difference.

It would be nice to get rid of some high freqency back ground noise and feedback with out to loose so much treble on the reverb tone. I like to have the opportunity to have a bright metallic reverb if I want that and a smoother reverb by backing the dwell and tone controll.

I got a long reverb tank and it's a 4EB instedad of a 8FB if that can have any big differences.

Any suggestions?

edd29

Quote from: deepMago! on December 06, 2011, 11:37:13 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5509209/SpringReverb.jpg

This is the schematic of the reverb I designed, based on The fender '63 unit. I'm using it powered with 9volts and works good.

hi mago,  just wondering what type of spring you use? . lT looks like its easy to build.Thanks!

deepMago!

I've used the Accutronics 8EB2C1B but be careful my pedal after several months of use now have some problem at high volumes, the reverb at stage volume use to oscillate. Now I'm using a boss pedal (the '63 reverb) cause I've no time to check if the problem is a damaged component or a design error.

Bye

busse

Okay so your reverb also oscillate at higter volumes, mine is especially sensetive with a Carlsbro 50 Top amp wich is a very bright clear sounding amp. If I turn down precence and treble on the amp the oscillation also dissapear. 

What do you think of put a low pass filter on the input of the recovery stage? Mabye you can cut a some of the high frequenses and stop them to be amplyfied and cause noise and oscillation in the recovery stage.

deepMago!

Yes could be a good idea. Several fender schematics have a capacitor to ground before the recovery stage. I've to give it a try.

busse

Quote from: deepMago! on July 19, 2012, 06:48:52 AM
Yes could be a good idea. Several fender schematics have a capacitor to ground before the recovery stage. I've to give it a try.

Do you know what Fender models that have thoose capacitors before the recovery stage? Would be nice with a schematic so I can calculate what cutoff frequency Fender use.

deepMago!

the bullet reverb has one, if I remember right the Blues deluxe have a solid state reverb and have a capacitor to ground.

busse

Now have I modyfied the circut and now it seems to work even on pretty high reverb mix and at stage volume, I also got a lot of help on a Swedish forum Ljudbojen. The reverb works fine with a Blonde Bassman 6G6-B clone with the volume a 8, a Carlsbro 50 Top with the volume at 3/4 and a 5F8 Twin Amp clone with the volume at 7.

I have put a low pass filter with a 4700p capacitor and a 10K resistor on the recovery stage input that helps to cut out oscillation, I put 10uF capacitor and a 1.5K resistor between pin 1 and 8 on the LM386 that's makes more signal to the springs, change the 1K resistor on the output of the LM386 to 100R allso increase the signal to the springs, put a tonecontrol from a 6G15 but witt two 47nF capacitors instead of 100n and 10n and a 25K pot instead of the 6G15 50K pot that helps a little bit to prevent oscillation, I also put a 180K resistor on reverb side of the mix pot that makes the pot works better and you can not turn up the reverb so it starts to oscillate.

The reverb can produce a lot of reverb I think you even can play surf with it.

If it's okay for you deepMago! can I post my a new version of your schematic with my changes.

deepMago!

Yes Busse,
I also would try you're modification on mine when i have the time. I'm very happy that someone is interested.

busse

Here comes the schematic with my changes, some people say that a reverb tank with 200 ohms input impedance should work better and give more "drive" to the springs than my one that has 1450 ohms impedance. I'm also gonna try to put the reverb tank in a vinyl bag that might help a bit with the acoustic feedback. 

busse

Now have I tweak the reverb and this is my final schematic, I have tried a couple of differernt reverb cans and i seems to be possible to use reverb cans with lower impedande. I have an 4EB can in my reverb instead of the 4EB on the schematic and I think i sounds better with a bit less bass, I allso tried a 8 ohm can and it worked but it distored with the dwell on max but If I backed the dwell I also worked.    

busse

Now have I tweak the reverb and this is my final schematic, I have tried a couple of differernt reverb cans and i seems to be possible to use reverb cans with lower impedande. I have an 4EB can in my reverb instead of the 4EB on the schematic and I think i sounds better with a bit less bass, I allso tried a 8 ohm can and it worked but it distored with the dwell on max but If I backed the dwell I also worked.