Ludwig Phase II tuning.

Started by digi2t, November 02, 2011, 10:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry

I checked over all of the values around Q3/Q4 and they were all correct.  I'm now working over the boards to find any traces that have found a way to connect after soldering.  I have found a couple and corrected the issues.  I think I just need to spend some more quality time buzzing out adjacent traces.  I have seen the Collector of Q3 flip a couple times, so I think I just have some hard to find bad connections related to my less than perfect etching of the board.  I would have waited for the prefab boards had I known they were in the works.  Oh well.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, so progress on this will now slow to a crawl. 

Thanks to everyone for your help in getting me this far!

R.G.

Quote from: Ry on January 02, 2012, 09:43:23 PM
I checked over all of the values around Q3/Q4 and they were all correct.  I'm now working over the boards to find any traces that have found a way to connect after soldering.  I have found a couple and corrected the issues.  I think I just need to spend some more quality time buzzing out adjacent traces.  I have seen the Collector of Q3 flip a couple times, so I think I just have some hard to find bad connections related to my less than perfect etching of the board.
It's a big board, lots of traces in it. If you get it to work, it's a big accomplishment.

QuoteI would have waited for the prefab boards had I known they were in the works.  Oh well.
At the time you etched yours, I don't think they were in the works yet. But I know what you mean. You know, you're only the second person to attempt a clone, and the first with that layout.
Thanks to everyone for your help in getting me this far!
It *will* work.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.