Once working Red Llama clone, but stopped working altogether - Help

Started by Jmkrull, January 02, 2012, 08:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmkrull

Hey, so I just have seemingly completed a Red llama clone from GGG and was complete and the thing was working perfectly (led on, in bypass, engaged, etc... for both 9v and dc). I noticed though that to get the thing into my enclosure I had to unsolder the power jack and screw the thing through the enclosure and resolder it back on as I failed to notice this previously. So I unsoldered the jack, decided to lengthen the ground wire jack to board and soldered everything back the way it was. plugged it in and tried playing through it and it wouldn't turn on at all. I checked all my solder points, the orientation of my parts and wires and making sure nothing was where it shouldn't be. I have had it in the enclosure before (actually how I realized I needed to mess with the DC jack in the first place) and it's worked fine. Now I regret messing with the thing and want to just throw it out I'm so frustrated. Could I have maybe fried something on the board or the power jack(s). I've tried it both with 9v and DC, both nothing. I don't have access to a multimeter currently. Does anyone have any ideas on what may have happened?

Thanks!

stringsthings

D1 prevents a reversed battery from frying the chip. 

Since you had the circuit working, it's probably a solder joint issue.  Did you try taking the circuit out of the enclosure agian?

Jmkrull

Yeah and I remelted all my joints again. Still nothing when I turn it on.

Jmkrull

stringsthings

if the circuit is on ( not bypassed ), and the LED is not turning on, that means it's not getting any voltage.  So i would double check the connections on the input jack and the DC power jack as well as the battery clip ...