DOD Fx69 True Bypass!

Started by askwho69, January 06, 2011, 11:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

askwho69

Hi every one! my friend  has a DOD fx69 and really want to true bypass it, i heard that it was hard to do. does anyone tried it? i saw a thread about " how to true bypass DOD Fx59" i think?" i think it was different from fx69's bypass style switch. . . heres the schem im happy if someone can help me about this! http://www.experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Fuzz%20and%20Fuzzy%20Noisemakers/DOD%20FX69b.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
"To live is to die"

askwho69

"To live is to die"

soupbone

It might be kind of hard to use a 3pdt switch inside of it because of the space.I tried to do with my favorite envelope fliter,The DOD-FX25.Instead,I just built a true bypass box,and ran it through that.You can find the info on how to build a true bypass box at beavisaudio.comHope that helps. :icon_smile:

askwho69

ohh thats sad! if i re house it to 125b it will fit or no? thanks for the advice though! :icon_smile:
"To live is to die"

anchovie

There's a better/more accurate schematic (with component IDs) here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/schems/dodfx69bgrunge.gif

Remove Q2 and jumper between the R5/C3 and R7/C4 junctions.
Remove Q10 and jumper between the R47/C28 and R48/C29 junctions.
Remove Q4.

This will make the effect be permanently on and you can connect the PCB input/output and jacks to a 3PDT in the usual way. You'll have to look inside the original pedal and see how big the PCB is to decide what size box would be required for a rehouse.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

askwho69

Ohh my Gosh Anchovie you helped me a lot this day!this my lucky day! thanks so much again!

A2
"To live is to die"

soupbone

Quote from: askwho69 on January 07, 2011, 07:34:20 AM
ohh thats sad! if i re house it to 125b it will fit or no? thanks for the advice though! :icon_smile:
Sure.I'm not sure what size of hammond box you can use.Measure the dimensions of it,and go to pedal parts plus.com,or mammothelectronics.com,and see which one will fit for ya. :icon_smile:

askwho69

thanks for the replies guys! im happy on your replies!
"To live is to die"

katzup

Quote from: anchovie on January 07, 2011, 07:38:47 AM
There's a better/more accurate schematic (with component IDs) here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/schems/dodfx69bgrunge.gif

Remove Q2 and jumper between the R5/C3 and R7/C4 junctions.
Remove Q10 and jumper between the R47/C28 and R48/C29 junctions.
Remove Q4.

This will make the effect be permanently on and you can connect the PCB input/output and jacks to a 3PDT in the usual way. You'll have to look inside the original pedal and see how big the PCB is to decide what size box would be required for a rehouse.

I dont Know if this worked for the other guy but removing these parts did f**k all for making it stay on but did destroy its function as a guitar pedal after spending a good while trying to figure out which jumpers you were talking about with my ohm meter. wish you had just said exactly what jumpers, they are labeled on the pcb. it at least would have saved me the time and all i would of had to do was undo everything you suggested. Anyway all of that bs was completely unnecessary for making it true bypass   

slacker

Quote from: katzup on January 08, 2012, 04:41:29 AM
. wish you had just said exactly what jumpers, they are labeled on the pcb.

You don't have to remove any jumpers from the PCB. The instructions mean you are supposed to add jumpers replacing Q2 and Q10.