Started by petey twofinger, January 10, 2012, 05:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petey twofinger

final demo vid for my home made portable battery powered bass amp

part one : http://youtu.be/-oWcllUukXk

part two : http://youtu.be/naC31dQY5Ls
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

Tony Forestiere

You are a really funny guy! "I like BIG ASS in my bass" - followed by that picture had me rolling!  :icon_lol: Dug the video/picture cutaways (especially the dumpster diving with zeal).
Do I detect a Cleveland accent?
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

petemoore

Eyes open...dumpster too ! !
   The PS, the 'amp' and the speaker...amazing what can be hacked together and sound great ! !
  I've tried similar...building the whole amp from scratch...hafta admit there are amazing deals on working amps...especially if you don't overlook car-audio...
  It's pretty simple...put your wallet away, wait for the stuff to 'appear' [ok get the 1's out, maybe a 10...leave the 50's and 100 dollarbills in there], gather up what you need and put it together ! !
  Much of 'it' is in the speaker, really good ones can be found too [takes a bit more time and searching, but I've found old organ/other speakers too].
  ...and the power supply...but even this can be free ! Amps are so good and inexpensive these days...new, used, abandon...it's pretty easy to find excellent and inexpensive amplification.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petey twofinger

yeah its amazing what you can find if you look well enough , specially these days . BUT new laws about disposing of electronics , that has me very nervous . i do "build stuff from scracth" too , but sometimes a hack is just in order . what i really like doing is re-purposing throwaway / second hand stuff . i really get off on that cause its so cheap .

this particular case i got really lucky , so thats why the video is so long !

trying to up my game here , with the videos too , thanks for commenting and watching . my daughter does the editing , she started slipping images in , now i give her a list . the giant ass , that was her though .

we are from chicago , i use a heavy fake accent from time to time , depending on the amount of "comedy"/b*llsh&t i am interjecting . i do not speak like that normally . but folks do around here , some of em .

comin up i have a really cool (i hope) stereo amp for guitar . this thing is gonna kill , and look very unique too . i am waiting on parts , then i have a special one , a stella amp , with an automotive eq and spring reverb in a fancy (hopefully) diy chassis . i also got some hanna montana guitars (pt2399) for a few miniu echo amps , those should be neat .

then , pedals ....  :icon_eek:

by the way , here is the stella amp , i dig the second half of this video :

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=94266.0
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself