HELP!!!! ;) how do you bypass a stereo effect with a 3pdt?

Started by pinkjimiphoton, January 11, 2012, 08:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

i'm thinking millenium bypass....

does this look about right ya think?

it's going in my stereo clone theory clone, but i am kinda at an impass until someone smarter can help me out.

also, the pedal runs at 15 volts...any suggestions for this pathetic newb as to parts values for the mil bypass?

u usually use around a 4.7k resistor for the led, i'm thinking 10 k maybe?

i know i ask too many questions....thanks guys, i really appreciate the help, i've been looking at building this pedal now for over a decade and finally got the intestinal fortitude to try and pull it off...
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Mark Hammer

1) Steve Daniels carries a 4PDT.

2) If you use a buffered input  so that you only have to select between alternate outputs, and ignore switching the input,  you can do stereo bypass switching with an indicator LED.

3) If you don't want a buffered input but don't care about a status LED, you can do stereo bypass switching with a 3PDT.

4) Relay, relay, relay.

CurtisWCole

Composers shouldn't think too much - it interferes with their plagiarism.
Howard Dietz

pinkjimiphoton

i guess i was unclear...all i really need to do is switch the input to the board and the two outputs from the board to the two outputs.
it's a clone theory, by rights, all i really need is to switch the input and one output, the stereo out on them was ALWAYS on.

maybe (if i have to de-bug the pedal, hope not) i'll just build it bone stock and be done with it...that's the easiest way. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Mark Hammer

If it's a pedal that is "stereo" by virtue of sum and difference outputs, then all one really needs to do to cancel the effect is kill the modulated/delay signal, which is effectively mono switching.  Each output jack will use the same clean signal and either an inverted or non-inverted version of the wet signal.

Fender3D

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 11, 2012, 10:53:29 PM

2) If you use a buffered input  so that you only have to select between alternate outputs, and ignore switching the input,  you can do stereo bypass switching with an indicator LED.

3) If you don't want a buffered input but don't care about a status LED, you can do stereo bypass switching with a 3PDT.

4) Relay, relay, relay.

Isn't this

easier?
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

pinkjimiphoton

i think that's how the original was, but it looks like this is slightly different...

here's the schem i used

and here's my thread about the build...i used cathexis's vero layout, just barely fits in a 1590bb!

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=95183.0

thanks mark!!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Fender3D on January 12, 2012, 11:11:41 AM
Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 11, 2012, 10:53:29 PM

2) If you use a buffered input  so that you only have to select between alternate outputs, and ignore switching the input,  you can do stereo bypass switching with an indicator LED.

4) Relay, relay, relay.

Isn't this

easier?

i think that's what i did bro...thanks!!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Fender3D

"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

pinkjimiphoton

ended up saying screw it, wired the "stereo" out to it's jack, and wired the 3pdt as a normal stompswitch .......worked out great!

thanks for the help and advice gents!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr