dunlop 20k hotpot as a replacement for 25k boomerang pot? video results

Started by joegagan, February 07, 2012, 11:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Paul Marossy

Joe must dream of wah pedals when he's asleep.  :icon_wink:

I like the idea of the 20K Dunlop HotPotz as a replacement. You could use that for a very very long time with no worries. But do you get the scratchy sound at the very end of the pot rotation sometimes like with these NOS pots you've tried? My trick for getting rid of that is putting a 330 ohm resistor in series with that connection to ground.

joegagan

there is something very specific going on with the taper of the original BG pots and the interaction with the circuit. when measured in actual pedal, the response of an original bg2 is almost exactly linear. the 20k hotpotz2 did not give enough travel, thus gave up some treble or some bass, depending on how you set it.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: joegagan on February 07, 2012, 01:59:52 PM
there is something very specific going on with the taper of the original BG pots and the interaction with the circuit. when measured in actual pedal, the response of an original bg2 is almost exactly linear. the 20k hotpotz2 did not give enough travel, thus gave up some treble or some bass, depending on how you set it.

Figures the pot taper is different. Didn't even think of that.

joegagan

Paul Marossy

I signed a non-disclosure agreement, can't tell you what I dream about.  :icon_wink: