Small run PCB houses?

Started by guitarrob, February 11, 2012, 02:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice-9

Quote from: DavenPaget on February 20, 2012, 01:24:26 PM
Quote from: Ice-9 on February 20, 2012, 11:30:06 AM

yeah the first lot of jacks i got were cheap chinese neutriks (supposedly) from ebay.  I have used cliffs which i got locally but now i have settled on rean (neutriks) from Rapid online about £0.47 each
Well actually Rean is from china too .

Yeah I know Rean are from China, I was trying to say the first cheap chinese neutriks, I actually bought from China. They were posted to me FROM China, and they were neutrik/Rean copies not genuine. The genuine Reans I bought, I bought from the UK supplier Rapid as were the genuine Cliffs.

One thing to watch out for if you use pcb mount jacks, when you decide which ones to use stick with them as although the pin spacing is close enough the actual plastic body may be longer or shorter , before I changed over to cliffs I made sure I got a couple to try in the pcb and found I needed to adjust the PCB to widen the spacing, not good if you order lots of pcb's first and find there a bad fit in the enclosure.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

a soBer Newt

Quote from: jimmybjj on February 18, 2012, 08:40:32 PM
just got my first order from iteadstudio. It took a month to get my boards in florida. There is a significant error in them. Pin 8 did not connect to ground trough the ground plane. I have used this same design with dorkbox a couple times so i know the design is correct. I have emailed them with the pic in this post, i will update as to what the results are. Pretty disappointed, don't like having to use a jumper  >:(

Sad to see this my first run of boards form them came out just fine and I have another order on the way. Hope if you use them again you have better luck.