Beavis Board, building your own

Started by MrForbes, February 16, 2012, 10:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrForbes

Quote from: waltk on March 25, 2012, 09:29:55 PM
It's beautiful!

Thanks!  I finished six more oak boards (sturdy for the classroom), bend and drilled more lexan.  Now I just need some more parts to build the class set.  I have not received any quotes back yet but am hoping they will come in soon. I made up a list of parts and sent it out to various suppliers. 

Darren

Ben N

Quote from: PRR on March 24, 2012, 11:30:56 PMSimplify. This is not a stage-box.
Exactly. I never got the point of putting a footswitch and LED in these things either. A DPDT toggle with two pieces of dymo tape that say "ON" and "BYPASS" works just as well for prototyping.
  • SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

looks great..... don't forget to put tiny jumpers on the + -  rails in the middle of the board though.. ;)

@ben: i use a 3pdt toggle and led just so i know whatever i build will be exactly the same on/bypassed when (eventually)  built... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

MrForbes

Quote from: Ben N on March 27, 2012, 04:32:22 AM
Quote from: PRR on March 24, 2012, 11:30:56 PMSimplify. This is not a stage-box.
Exactly. I never got the point of putting a footswitch and LED in these things either. A DPDT toggle with two pieces of dymo tape that say "ON" and "BYPASS" works just as well for prototyping.

I can't go too simple ;D.  These things have to last student use.  Trust me if you spent time in a classroom you know equipment is not always treated as well as one would like.  Students sometimes wreck stuff just from a lack of focus.  I need these things to last because it is going to cost me money...I don't want to have to replace a few of them every year.

I think the light is good because it lets the students know the circuit is engaged.  The dual power might be overkill but that stomp switch is nice and sturdy.

Thanks for the reply

MrForbes

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 27, 2012, 06:33:38 AM
looks great..... don't forget to put tiny jumpers on the + -  rails in the middle of the board though.. ;)

Hey!  Thanks for the tip!  I overlooked that! :icon_eek:

MrForbes

Well the board has made it to school.  The breadboard is getting power at it should and the voltage sag works perfectly.    Now to gets some parts to build some projects.

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

MrForbes

So, I am still waiting for parts from an educational supplier here.  Yeah, like two months it seems.  Not impressed.

Anyway, does anyone have a schematic or project on the board that demonstrates the use of the switch to control between the two circuits?  Thanks.

Darren

MrForbes