Bulk resistors - This seems DAM cheap!

Started by chromesphere, February 23, 2012, 06:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

Quote from: chromesphere on February 27, 2012, 06:18:29 PM
Hey look, im not out to get free stuff, but if their advertising 1% tolerances and the values are all over the place, thats not my problem! 

yeah. i understand. i'n not judging. if that's what they are advertising then they are liable to be held to it (:

i wonder if they will be the ones with hair thin leads on them. the australian's here who shop at Jaycar might know what i'm talking about...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

frank_p

Quote from: darron on February 27, 2012, 08:03:13 PM
Quote from: chromesphere on February 27, 2012, 06:18:29 PM
Hey look, im not out to get free stuff, but if their advertising 1% tolerances and the values are all over the place, thats not my problem! 

yeah. i understand. i'n not judging. if that's what they are advertising then they are liable to be held to it (:

i wonder if they will be the ones with hair thin leads on them. the australian's here who shop at Jaycar might know what i'm talking about...

Do the leads are iron/steel ?  Do a magnet stick to the the leads (not the body of the resistor).  I hate iron legs.

chromesphere

Really Jaycar?  The resistors ive bought from jaycar are lightyears ahead of the futurlec resistors i've been getting of late.  Really thick strong leads, good quiality tape, and of course, accurate values. They are more expensive however, hence why i switched to futurlec.
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

darron

the new ones i've gotten from jaycar these days (hallam and springvale at least) came in a little cardboard printed packet. nothing like what they used to be. IE compared to the old jaycar ones, altronics etc.

i always assumed they are just tin plated? never thought about them being steel... hmm....

chromesphere

I just noticed your in melbourne too.  :D

I havent had any of the dodgy ones yet (ringwood jaycar), maybe their cutting costs. Shame the old ones were pretty good quality.

frank_p

The one I encountered were not from Jaycar.  They were in a mixed parts lot.  I had putted them to the garbage.

darron

by the way.... in the ringwood store i once found a heap of 0.12uf tropical fish caps in the green cap section, naturally bought them all. so maybe ringwood jaycar goes rouge sometimes? haha. that definitely wasn't their 'usual' stock.

anyway... a bit OT.. sorry.

deadastronaut

damn it!...they won't deliver to the congo.... :icon_frown:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

fawkes89

Just ordered 600 for myself. I'll test mine when I get them in.... a month  :-\

chromesphere

Just received mine today, will test them when i get home tonight.  Delivery wasnt too bad, about a week.  Lead size looks pretty normal, like any other resistor i've ordered (futurlec, tayda etc). Yeah...phycially, they look like any other resistor i've seen so far.  Truth will be in the testing!
Paul

chromesphere

Ok. Measured about 30 of the 10k resistors.  Got bored :)  All checked out, of the 30 i only had one that was more the .5% tolerance.  So its all clear if you ask me?  What are you waiting for?  2 bucks for 300x10k & 300x100k resistors.  Go get em :)
Paul

deadastronaut

cool, cheers paul.. ;)

so as long as you don't ive in the congo its all good...yay!..!!!.. ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

chromesphere

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 05, 2012, 03:58:51 AM
cool, cheers paul.. ;)

so as long as you don't ive in the congo its all good...yay!..!!!.. ;D

lol!  had to google it :D  Looking at the google image results they have bigger problems then .5% tolerances  :icon_eek: