REQ: Help on Digitech RP7 Valve power supply

Started by Transmigraine, March 05, 2012, 05:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transmigraine

I went through an archived thread here http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=46449.0 where people were talking about using a Jameco power supply to power the Digitech RP7 Valve, so I purchased a 9v 1.5a AC wall wart as per their advice, but I don't know beans about electronics and I'm afraid to blow it up.  When I called Digitech, the guy told me it was parallel top to bottom, with the left side pins connected to the left side pins and the right side pins connected to the right side pins.  Afraid of betraying my ignorance, I said "thank you," still not knowing wtf.  The manual ftp://ftp.digitech.com/pub/PDFs/Discontinued/Manuals/RP7.pdf says

The cores in the mains lead are coloured in accordance with the following code:
GREEN and YELLOW - Earth BLUE - Neutral BROWN - Live
As colours of the cores in the mains lead of this appliance may not correspond with
the coloured markings identifying the terminals in your plug, proceed as follows:
• The core which is coloured green and yellow must be connected to the
terminal in the plug marked with the letter E, or with the earth symbol, or
coloured green, or green and yellow.
• The core which is coloured blue must be connected to the terminal marked N
or coloured black.
• The core which is coloured brown must be connected to the terminal marked
L or coloured red.

Well, I don't have the plug, so that didn't help me much.  The input has four holes and one rectangular one, so it's like a DIN, but apparently it's proprietary.  I'd like to just solder the wires in place and forget about a plug.  Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?  Now, how can I tell which wire goes where?  TIA