arr!fx - Two Step - Octave arpeggiator

Started by ~arph, March 20, 2012, 10:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~arph

No problem.. I tried a single sided layout too and it was next to impossible..I'm glad it's not just me having trouble with it.  :icon_biggrin: The comment was this. D4 should not connect to the inverter but it should connect to the C5, R7 junction. Plus you can leave out R23 and R24.

bean

Quote from: ~arph on December 20, 2012, 08:36:05 AM
No problem.. I tried a single sided layout too and it was next to impossible..I'm glad it's not just me having trouble with it.  :icon_biggrin: The comment was this. D4 should not connect to the inverter but it should connect to the C5, R7 junction. Plus you can leave out R23 and R24.

Ahh, okay thanks!

I got pretty close with the layout, but in 3 attempts I always wound up with a connection that was difficult to route---even with a jumper. But, I'll take another crack at it.

~arph

Valoosj

Quote from: ~arph on June 24, 2012, 09:42:29 AM
Connect it to the 100k, as drawn in the schematic it doesn't work properly.

Between the 150n and the 100K or the output pot and the 100K?

Is there a reason you use both vss and gnd indications on your schematic?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

~arph

Right after the cap.  No Reason for the different labels, I just used mixed eagle libs and can't be bothered really  ;D

Valoosj

Ah great. I was thinking audio and digital gnd.

Rg and Rp, should I replace those by trimmers? And if so, which value would be appropriate?
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

newperson

bean ever have any layout luck? nothing work with a duel side pcb.  they can be made smaller usually.

~arph

Quote from: Valoosj on April 07, 2013, 02:39:09 PM
Ah great. I was thinking audio and digital gnd.

Rg and Rp, should I replace those by trimmers? And if so, which value would be appropriate?

That would be good, No idea on the value.. something like 250k I guess.. Once you find the right spots, please let us know the values so we can put them in the schem/thread.

Valoosj

I'll be in need of a new breadboard before I can figure those out. I have been messing with the layout but even with a two-sided pcb this is a tricky one to get in a 1590B.
How should I go about finding the right spot? By ear or can I measure something  :icon_mrgreen:

To clarify, I am working from this schematic  https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/MZqE3-aNC7jbO-Mf-MDE4tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
with the octave diode placed behind the cap instead of with the other diodes.

How would you describe this effect? An octave arpeggiator with a second switchable octave down? With all the different circuits described here it's hard to keep a clear view of what is what.

~arph

Yes, a 1590B layout is HARD.. Madbean and I have done attempts.. I have yet to see a finished layout  :icon_lol:
It's supposed to sound like the link on page two:

http://soundcloud.com/arrfx/arr-fx-two-step-with-sweep
You can do it by ear. They set the minimum and maximum duty cycle for the PWM. They are there to asure the manual pot sweeps over the full duty cycle range. If the resistors are omitted the whole range will be in the center ~50% of the pot rotation.

Valoosj

And this one?

Quote from: Valoosj on April 08, 2013, 10:37:24 AM
How would you describe this effect? An octave arpeggiator with a second switchable octave down? With all the different circuits described here it's hard to keep a clear view of what is what.

~arph

Yes, that's right. But maybe arpeggiator is over the top. It's mre an alternator between unison and octave down, with an extra switchable second octave down