RESOURCE LIMIT REACHED?????

Started by aron, March 21, 2012, 03:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Mike

If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

deadastronaut

ive had this today twice... and sometimes its really slow to load.... :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

aron

Is the VPS account way more stable?

Jdansti

Just had it happen on my iPhone. The full message reads:

Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

I am by no means an expert on this, but based on a google search for this message, the provider has X clients per server and when a client's site is very active, the service curtails activity to avoid affectIng other clients. A good provider will move more active clients around to servers with fewer clients. An unscrupulous provider will try to get you to pay more for an upgraded service.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

.Mike

Quote from: aron on March 22, 2012, 07:59:47 PM
Is the VPS account way more stable?

It depends. With a VPS, you have to buy a package that includes what you need. I imagine this site is like mine-- really CPU/disk intensive, but not a whole heck of a lot of bandwidth.  Unfortunately, most hosts don't make it easy, and sell on generic ram/disk space/bandwidth, which really doesn't help forum owners.

If this site has been running on shared hosting, and has been running as well as it seems to have been, you've been lucky. I was lucky with my site for about 8 years, and had a host who supported my cause, and gave me way more resources than I paid for. He vanished into the night, and I've been on VPS ever since. 8x the price, and a similar increase in complexity.

I would simply ask your host which resource limit you have hit. If they are unable to tell you, it is time for a new host. :)

Mike

aron

The last host was very good - I stayed with them because quite simply, the guy running it was a genius. Now he is into farming (no kidding) and with the recent problems, I'm worried. I think I might want to try VPS.

amptramp

Ran into it again today.  It doesn't do that much damage - I am on other sites, so I refresh the page and if that doesn't clear it, I go to other sites and come back.  I wonder how many Commodore C-64's it would take to act as a server for this site? :icon_wink:

.Mike

Quote from: aron on March 23, 2012, 02:56:46 AM
The last host was very good - I stayed with them because quite simply, the guy running it was a genius. Now he is into farming (no kidding) and with the recent problems, I'm worried. I think I might want to try VPS.

I sent you a PM about VPS.

When my last host went belly up, they took my data, and the data of 2,000+ customers with them. Luckily I had nightly, off-site backups, so I only lost about 8 hours of data. Still, it was a very unpleasant 48 hours.

Mike

aron

Thanks for the help. Yeah I took a look at the site. Not sure right now.

davent

Never had it before but has happened so far, twice today .

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

pinkjimiphoton

i get it about one outta every 20 visits or so...usually, it's if i have several tabs open...then it just becomes unresponsive...can't even refresh the page.

if i close it, and re-visit, it will work fine then, tho
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

tubelectron

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 22, 2012, 07:56:56 PM
ive had this today twice... and sometimes its really slow to load.... :)

Exactly the same for me - I suspected my web connection provider, as the usual culprit...
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

runmikeyrun

I've had it a few times.  Funny how a forum going down can freak so many people out!  haha.  No offense obviously, as I've had minor heart attacks over forums going down  ;D
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

The Tone God

I hadn't got one until just now. Although since the switch I have noticed some slow downs. I hope we haven't killed another host. I might have to update the Godzilla image.

Andrew

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Earthscum

I'm right along side Tammy. I hadn't seen one until yesterday. It locked me out for about half an hour, believe it or not. Got another this morning, but cleared on refresh.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

Mike Burgundy

FWIW, I just ran into another one (I've seen it about 5 times before in the past weeks) at 18:04 local time (Netherlands), so about 5 min. ago. Forced reload does nothing, a short while later the board is back up but very, very slow now.

Paul Marossy

I just had this message again about 30 seconds ago.  :icon_confused:

Ben N

Had my first. I feel like smoking a cigarette.
  • SUPPORTER