RESOURCE LIMIT REACHED?????

Started by aron, March 21, 2012, 03:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StereoKills

Hadn't seen one until today. ~12:15 EST.

"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

deadastronaut

had a few today...then slowed right down.. :P
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Paul Marossy

PRR

I'm getting intermittent very-slow-loads. From many-seconds to several minutes. Fine at the moment, but a few hours back I gave up and surfed The Register instead.

I suspect your CPU is shared with hundreds of other sites. Most sites are low-traffic, but with spurts.

At another forum such an issue turned out to be another site on the same CPU doing some heavy background chores.
  • SUPPORTER

LucifersTrip

for those who haven't seen...or for others who need a fix

Resource Limit Reached
always think outside the box

Govmnt_Lacky

Have seen this MULTIPLE times just this morning. Followed shortly by Looooooooooong load times.

Extremely annoying!  :icon_evil:

EDIT: AND AGAIN. Really bad today!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Paul Marossy

Quote from: artifus on March 27, 2012, 09:46:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rTcUO4IeNg

That is hilarious! And probably not too far from the truth for some people working in customer service.  :icon_eek:

Seljer

I got it twice yesterday when using the search function

~arph

Govmnt_Lacky

Have gotten it MULTIPLE times today...

Maybe its because of the production builders posting multiple pictures of the same pedals in the Pictures thread  :icon_rolleyes:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

WGTP

I guess I'm in the club now.   :icon_twisted:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Jasonmatthew911

lonewolf

I just got this resource limit on several pages,but not on this one...so???? ???

deadastronaut

Quote from: LucifersTrip on March 27, 2012, 03:48:55 AM
for those who haven't seen...or for others who need a fix

Resource Limit Reached

i didn't get one today, so i used this link just to feel annoyed again....ahhh thats better.. ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Just had this!  Took around ten minutes to follow-up to another thread...   :-\

(Hang on a minute - now I can't follow-up to this thread!!)

...aah, there it is - back again after another five minutes...

@aron: is this a US lunchtime browsing overload?

Normal service will be resumed as soo
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

PRR

dualrack.com:
'Web proxy hosting accounts are currently limited to 40 concurrent processes. What are "concurrent processes" you may be wondering? This basically means the amount of pages that are being processed at one time. This feature was put into place to refrain accounts from consuming up too many shared server resources.
'If your proxy account has more than 40 pages being processed at any given time then visitors will receive a "Resource Limit Is Reached" error. Once the concurrent process limit goes below 40 this error will be automatically removed. Proxy accounts with traffic that uses more than 40 concurrent processes on a normal basis are recommended to purchase a VPS hosting account instead.'

www.ubbcentral.com
'It is very common for shared hosting accounts to limit how many computer resources (CPU time and memory) a site uses. Otherwise a very active site could negatively impact other sites on the server.
'The big question is how restrictive are they being.
'An unscrupulous host will get REAL picky in an attempt to corral a site owner into a more expensive hosting plan, or even a dedicated server.
'Of course, I have no idea at all if MindRaven is being fair or not. However, the fact that you have noticed sites banging their head against a limit that seems not to of been there before is an indication that they changed something. We can only guess as to a motive.'

Alexa traffic rankings: 'Diystompboxes.com is ranked #227,538 in the world... Visitors to it view 3.0 unique pages each day on average,'

Seems like whatever changed last week also invoked lower limits. Options are to find a more liberal host or pay more for higher limits.
  • SUPPORTER

.Mike

Quote from: PRR on March 28, 2012, 02:10:53 PM'If your proxy account has more than 40 pages being processed at any given time then visitors will receive a "Resource Limit Is Reached" error. Once the concurrent process limit goes below 40 this error will be automatically removed. Proxy accounts with traffic that uses more than 40 concurrent processes on a normal basis are recommended to purchase a VPS hosting account instead.'

Yikes! That is pretty restrictive. I wonder what they consider a "page being processed" to be. Is it the execution of a script? Is it a database hit? Is it a simple HTTP request?

This posting page has 85 images on it. They are all requested at once. Add in style sheets and the actual HTML for the page, and it could be 100 concurrent requests just to load the page.

I repeat: yikes.

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

aron

> Options are to find a more liberal host or pay more for higher limits.

I've done some research and I am paying more than enough for "higher limits". I have written to the new support several times and while they are fast to respond, as you can see nothing has changed. I will be investigating new options. I need to keep a log of how many times we have switched providers! I think it's VPS time.