AMT Speaker/Cab simulation circuit

Started by J0K3RX, April 01, 2012, 10:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice-9

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 03, 2012, 07:19:26 AM
cool, cheers mick, did you ever build it?..

i may have to try that tonestack too....hmmm... :icon_cool:

I haven't built it yey, but I have a 2x12 amp project i want to do and some of the tech used in the AMT pedals I want to include in my preamp section of the amp.   ;D The two AMT pedals I have used aare just some of the best SS sounds I have heard.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

deadastronaut

sounds like its gonna be a cool amp... :icon_twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

J0K3RX

Quote from: Ice-9 on April 03, 2012, 11:57:35 AM

I haven't built it yey, but I have a 2x12 amp project i want to do and some of the tech used in the AMT pedals I want to include in my preamp section of the amp.   ;D The two AMT pedals I have used aare just some of the best SS sounds I have heard.

Not only that but better than most tube amps I have heard as well!! Are you doing SS for the power amp section also?
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

Ice-9

Quote from: J0K3RX on April 03, 2012, 07:17:22 PM

Not only that but better than most tube amps I have heard as well!! Are you doing SS for the power amp section also?

Yeah, The plan is to do a full SS pre and power amp with an FV-1 reverb and digital effects built in, I may use a couple of 12AX7 valves in the preamp as well depending on how things go. It is a project I am doing just in spare time but I do have the cab built, covered, and loaded with speakers, I'm waiting on a friend folding some steel for the chassis.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

J0K3RX

Quote from: Ice-9 on April 04, 2012, 05:34:49 AM
Quote from: J0K3RX on April 03, 2012, 07:17:22 PM

Yeah, The plan is to do a full SS pre and power amp with an FV-1 reverb and digital effects built in, I may use a couple of 12AX7 valves in the preamp as well depending on how things go. It is a project I am doing just in spare time but I do have the cab built, covered, and loaded with speakers, I'm waiting on a friend folding some steel for the chassis.

Wow, that sounds like a big project! Curious about the SS power amp? Care to share? :icon_lol:

fretzburner

SS-20 cab sim out loud hiss problem, any schematics ?

J0K3RX

Quote from: fretzburner on February 28, 2014, 08:38:00 AM

My guess is that it probably wouldn't be too hard to track down... maybe start with an audio probe and look for any other obvious things like solder fractures, shorts, burned up parts etc.. If the regular output works then it's already somewhat isolated for you... The cab sim in the SS-20 is probably just like the SS-11 and others.

fretzburner

Quote from: J0K3RX on February 28, 2014, 09:04:01 PM
Quote from: fretzburner on February 28, 2014, 08:38:00 AM

My guess is that it probably wouldn't be too hard to track down... maybe start with an audio probe and look for any other obvious things like solder fractures, shorts, burned up parts etc.. If the regular output works then it's already somewhat isolated for you... The cab sim in the SS-20 is probably just like the SS-11 and others.
Thanks J0K3RX, will try that audio probe method.