1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beo

Oh dear god... couldn't this be the 1010 page competition?!!! I don't think I'll be done in time!

Keppy

I know I won't. I spent too much time on the circuit, got no artwork.  :icon_sad:
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

Jdansti

Given the posting rate over the last couple of weeks, we probably have several weeks before we hit 1000.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

slacker

It lives  ;D

Just a few tweaks here and there and the artwork to sort out. Picture thread seems to be moving at about a page every 4 or 5 days, so we've hopefully still got 3 or 4 weeks to go.

Quackzed

QuotePicture thread seems to be moving at about a page every 4 or 5 days, so we've hopefully still got 3 or 4 weeks to go.
thats music to my ears  :icon_mrgreen:
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Keppy

Quote from: Keppy on July 20, 2012, 11:27:57 PM
I know I won't. I spent too much time on the circuit, got no artwork.  :icon_sad:

Towel picked up!  :icon_twisted:
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

Perrow

I haven't dared a visit here for about two weeks, been stuck with home renovations with no chance of tinker time for this competition. Thank God picture thread posting has slowed down, I still have a theoretical chance to complete in time :)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Beo

We need a gentleman's agreement to forego Pictures posting for awhile... that would help. Or (and this is sacrilege) maybe the site could shut down for maintenance for a few days when we reach page 999! Just kidding!

Jdansti

Quote from: Perrow on July 26, 2012, 02:56:42 PM
I haven't dared a visit here for about two weeks, been stuck with home renovations with no chance of tinker time for this competition. Thank God picture thread posting has slowed down, I still have a theoretical chance to complete in time :)

Those pesky adult responsibilities really suck sometimes!  I was able to get 99% of mine done over several weeks between remodeling and vacation, but it was marathon sessions most nights. 
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Twiddling thumbs here!  :icon_rolleyes:  :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jdansti

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 26, 2012, 03:55:58 PM
Twiddling thumbs here!  :icon_rolleyes:  :-\

Let's see... So many replies come to mind.

A) No one likes a bragger.

B) If our entries were an on/off LED box like yours, we'd be finished too.

C) We can't ALL be Mr. Super Peddle Man.

D) We're all so very happy for you. I mean it-hrghh, really.

Just messing with you man-I hope you don't win  :D
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Jdansti on July 26, 2012, 04:09:10 PM

Trust me.... I am far from bragging here  :-\

I have actually been waiting for quite some time. I had a surprising amount of time when I started the project and was lucky enough to finish it really early. I would definitely say it is a "well rounded" project with a good mix of aesthetics, functionality, and a lot of mojo-ness!
Definitely put in my blood, sweat, and tears so hopefully it all pays off.
My biggest fear is that someone will slap some kick-arse artwork onto YATS and run away with it  :icon_evil:

Good luck to everyone  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

cloudscapes

I'm finished but all for waiting.  ;) The more entries the merrier is what I think, and I sympathize with those who feel it's gonna be real tight for their own. I had that feeling at one point too. I thought my PCBs would be late, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Jdansti

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 27, 2012, 06:52:19 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on July 26, 2012, 04:09:10 PM

Trust me.... I am far from bragging here  :-\

I have actually been waiting for quite some time. I had a surprising amount of time when I started the project and was lucky enough to finish it really early. I would definitely say it is a "well rounded" project with a good mix of aesthetics, functionality, and a lot of mojo-ness!
Definitely put in my blood, sweat, and tears so hopefully it all pays off.
My biggest fear is that someone will slap some kick-arse artwork onto YATS and run away with it  :icon_evil:

Good luck to everyone  ;)

I really was just having fun at your expense- sorry-I just can't resist it when someone sets up a joke. ;) I wouldn't have jabbed you if I didn't already feel that you could take it. Feel free to reciprocate some time. :)

I'm sure you've got an awesome pedal ready for presentation. Best of luck!!!   :D
  • SUPPORTER

iccaros

I have my art, I have my design, I need to etch and finish case, oh ya, and test it all together to see if it sounds the same as on the bread board, but I am in DC until the second week of August so I hope I have time to get home, and finish this.

pakrat

I'm with Perrow, redoing my shop and can't even get to my tools. I also have been avoiding the pictures thread as though it would stop if I didn't look.... kinda like my bills. I bow my head in shame.

deadastronaut

ive been busy re decorating, boo hoo...haven't had time to do anything yet... :'( :'( :'( :'(
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Jdansti

I was barely able to squeeze enough time in here and there to finish, but I just finished the last bit of debugging.  The latest aggregation was I shot a video and did extensive editing using Windows Movie Maker only to find out that WMM wouldn't save the project as a movie. >:( After spending several more hours jacking with it, I just filmed the preview with my camera focused on  the computer monitor. Needless to say, the video and audio quality sucks, but I had spent so much time editing it, I can't see repeating all of that in another video editor.

It will be a relief to build my next project without the pressure of a deadline!
  • SUPPORTER

artifus

Quote from: Jdansti on August 05, 2012, 06:45:02 AMThe latest aggregation was I shot a video and did extensive editing using Windows Movie Maker only to find out that WMM wouldn't save the project as a movie. >:(

not used wmm in a while but it should render to a .wmv file which most media players accept and uploads to youtube no problem.

my entry is to be a last minute rush job and token comedy entry by the looks of things as i've also yet to start...

*edit* and when i say start i mean, like, have an actual idea...

also, if you're struggling with wmm you might wanna take a look at lightworks, a pro nle that recently went open source: http://www.lwks.com/

http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=184

there's a bit of a learning curve, i've only scratched the surface, and it uses and produces huge uncompressed avi files but is very capable and runs reasonably well on this ol' sh*t heap of a machine. just make sure you have plenty of spare hd and delete files once uploaded. you may have to research and download codecs - avoid 'packs' and find just what you need. avoid divx like the plague - it's a bugger to get rid of and xvid is better. check out virtualdub too: http://www.virtualdub.org/

deadastronaut

^ yep i use WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER all the time for a quickie....wmv is fine....save as ''recommended'' for most pc's...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//