1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Earthscum on April 17, 2012, 10:40:34 AM
my suggestion:

When it hits 1000, all entries submissions will be halted, and the entrants will have 72 hours to post their entries on the DIY Stompbox Forums.

IMO, that would give plenty of time for people to fight camera gremlins, as well as contact others to make sure we all know the time has come for us to gather and wait for post-apocalyptic judgment.

^^^ Yeah. That!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Colonel Angus

That seems like a reasonable approach.
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

robmdall

I'm still looking for one more person to sponsor their entry fee. Send me a PM.

Rick, Fernando and Aron... Are you close to having enough $ to move forward

iccaros

I have had no takers.. If I win, I do not want someone to say they could of won if only they could afford the entry fee...  :icon_mrgreen:

deadastronaut

shall we have a page 10 sub competition on here then?... :D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

iccaros

who can build the best pedal before this post reaches page 10.. :) sure.. I wont be ready.. School and all, but it could be interesting.

Govmnt_Lacky

What's the prize?

Toe nail clipping from Rob?  ;D

Sounds interesting though.... Possibly a small-ish prize of some sort. Although, it would be fair to make it maybe 12 or 15 pages  :icon_rolleyes:

I'd be willing to put in for some sort of prize. Don't think I could handle a whole pedal as a prize though. Maybe an etched PCB of one's choosing or something along those lines.

Contest only eligable to those entered in the 1000 competition??
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

frequencycentral

^^^

Such a cool idea.....the 1000 club.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

deadastronaut

i'll donate my toe nail clippings,they should get nice and crusty by then..... i'll throw in a pair of old odd socks too......no problem. ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Quackzed

now someones gonna do a search for 'clipping' and they're gonna get this...
Quotei'll donate my toe nail clippings they should get nice and crusty by then..... i'll throw in a pair of old odd socks too......no problem.
;D you should design a dist called 'the crusty toe nail clipper' so they aren't dissapointed... ;D
with a crust knob, so you can crank the crust and get really crusty!
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

Jdansti

Quote from: Quackzed on April 20, 2012, 11:24:57 PM
now someones gonna do a search for 'clipping' and they're gonna get this...
Quotei'll donate my toe nail clippings they should get nice and crusty by then..... i'll throw in a pair of old odd socks too......no problem.
;D you should design a dist called 'the crusty toe nail clipper' so they aren't dissapointed... ;D
with a crust knob, so you can crank the crust and get really crusty!

You should do it!  Maybe have a crusty big toe for the bypass switch.  :-\
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Colonel Angus

Asymmetrical diode clipping, old news... MOSFET clipping, so yesterday... TOENAIL clipping, now that is what the cool kids are using! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

garcho

You could definitely toe jam with one of those!

As my dad would say, "just a 'little' humor"...
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Leston Braun

I've sent päyment. I'm all new to this competition thing, but should have enough time to read the rules and decide what to build. And actually build the thing.  :D

frequencycentral/Slade

Okey dokey! We have 21 entrants at the last count. Our costs are covered, and some $$$s are going to the forum. It'd be really nice if more folks enter, as every penny raised now goes direct to the forum. So....the competition runs! We have to say though, any of you guys who haven't entered - enter now! Don't be a bystander! We'd really like to see some more entries, if only to support the forum. At the moment, take-up is 'average', which proabably means we won't ever run another competition after this one (and you won't believe the prize we had lined up for the next one!). So, if you ever wanna see another frequencycentral/slade competition with a way out groovy hard rockin prize - place yer bets!

LucifersTrip

does this rule still stand?

"You must post your finished pedal on the Pictures! thread on page 1000 or any of the following pages providing it is posted on the same day that the Pictures! thread reaches page 1000"
always think outside the box

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: LucifersTrip on April 24, 2012, 11:09:03 PM
does this rule still stand?

"You must post your finished pedal on the Pictures! thread on page 1000 or any of the following pages providing it is posted on the same day that the Pictures! thread reaches page 1000"

^^^ +1 ;)

Would be nice if the suggestions that were posted here could be implemented to ensure that ALL entrants get a fair shake.

Colonel Angus

I paid for two more entries, if anyone needs in and can't afford it. If not, then the $$$ can just go to the forum. I know my odds aren't great to win, but I think this will be a lot of fun and challenge me ( and hopefully everyone else) to build something really cool.

I'm sure most people here would agree that the information, support, and good times here is worth more than 10, 20 or 30 dollars.

Also, I agree, there should be a bit of clarification as to the specifics of the deadline.

LucifersTrip

Quote from: Colonel Angus on April 25, 2012, 11:35:46 AM

Also, I agree, there should be a bit of clarification as to the specifics of the deadline.

just thought of this...What if the Pictures! thread hits 1000 at 11:59 PM. You'd have 1 minute to enter....
always think outside the box