1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

Quote from: deadastronaut on August 05, 2012, 09:21:26 AM
^ yep i use WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER all the time for a quickie....wmv is fine....save as ''recommended'' for most pc's...

I've used WMM for many years but it got me this time. I had to convert some MOV files of the original video to WMV so that I could import them to WMM. That went fine so I proceeded to do the editing and that went smoothly too. But when I went to save the movie, there was something about the converted files that it didn't like. So I was stuck. Grrrr!!!  :icon_evil:
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

^ you may needd to downlod some video codex.... i never save as a movie file , only WMV..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

artifus

filmed on your iphone, yeah? welcome to apples walled garden, enjoy. good luck.

*google jail break*

Jdansti

Quote from: artifus on August 05, 2012, 07:41:41 PM
filmed on your iphone, yeah? welcome to apples walled garden, enjoy. good luck.

I borrowed my brother's Canon for this one and it spit out MOVs. I need to see if the camera has other format options to avoid having to convert the files before importing to WMM. 
  • SUPPORTER

artifus

ok, you need a codec or to convert. google. avoid codec packs - find what you need and download and install only that one codec. avoid quicktime. freeware available. my sister had a similar problem but the bookmark is on my old machine and i can't find it right now. will post if i do.

*edit*

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/quicktime_alternative.htm

*IMPORTANT* create a restore point before downloading and installing!! just in case...

cloudscapes

I use AVS video converter. not free though, and I dont know what the limitations of the free version are. but it'll convert anything you throw at it into anything else.

going freeware usually meant I needed a few different programs.

MOV is archaic and slow. it's frusterating how camera makers keep using it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

cloudscapes

30-ish posts left on the main thread!  :icon_eek: though I understand we get 72 hoours after it hits that mark.

I just finished all video today. have it running through guitar, drum machine and spoken word stuff. finishing up the schematic drawing now. after that I need to write up a post mortem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

artifus

yeah, yeah - make us all feel good, why don't you?  :P

Govmnt_Lacky

All this chatter about "video." Was there a change in the requirements? Is there video/audio submissions needed? Or is this just what some people are doing?

Should I be worried?  :-\  :P

... Just read the rules and it does not mention video or sound clips. Just pics and gutshots!  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

artifus

not a requirement but a bit more fun, no? be cool to hear peeps creations as well as see them, dontcha think?

*shouldn't affect results - just provide entertainment*

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: artifus on August 05, 2012, 08:39:34 PM
not a requirement but a bit more fun, no? be cool to hear peeps creations as well as see them, dontcha think?

I do agree  ;D

...however, I am far from skilled in the arts of color motion picture creation  :icon_redface:

... plus my guitar playing just ain't up to snuff  :icon_redface:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Jdansti

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 05, 2012, 08:43:27 PM
Quote from: artifus on August 05, 2012, 08:39:34 PM

I do agree  ;D

...however, I am far from skilled in the arts of color motion picture creation  :icon_redface:

Two reasons I'm trying to do a video:

1) My project is a bit strange and I'd like to give a demo.

2) I'm masochistic and enjoy embarrassing myself every now and then with my sloppy guitar playing. :)
  • SUPPORTER

cloudscapes

shouldn't be a problem, since this is end-of-the-world themed  ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Jdansti

Quote from: artifus on August 05, 2012, 07:49:29 PM
ok, you need a codec or to convert. google. avoid codec packs - find what you need and download and install only that one codec. avoid quicktime. freeware available. my sister had a similar problem but the bookmark is on my old machine and i can't find it right now. will post if i do.

*edit*

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/quicktime_alternative.htm

*IMPORTANT* create a restore point before downloading and installing!! just in case...

Thanks Art-I'll give it a try.
  • SUPPORTER

cloudscapes

my playing isn't that hot either, but I did a video because it's just what I do nearly every time I make something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: cloudscapes on August 05, 2012, 09:23:47 PM

shouldn't be a problem, since this is end-of-the-world themed  ;)

No reason to make peoples lives (and especially ears) any more miserable before the coming apocolypse  :icon_rolleyes:

artifus

haha - yeah, i don't so much play the guitar as play with it

cloudscapes

literally two thirds of my playing is with an ebow or bow, anyway
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

artifus

Jdansti

And now for something completely different :)

Here's a statistic for you:  someone just commented on the pictures thread that there were 1,500 views in one day. I calculated the average since the beginning of the thread and it is about 1,680 views per day.  I wonder how many recently active members (within the last year) are among these 1,500+ people viewing the thread each day. Are there even 1,500 members?
  • SUPPORTER