1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

Just posted mine.  Glad it's over!!! :D

EDIT: Just re-read the rules and they say that you have to post on BOTH this thread and the Pictures thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Jdansti on August 09, 2012, 02:55:34 AM

My entry comes with a short story:

After researching this Mayan calendar thing, I discovered exactly how the Earth will be destroyed.  The Mayan toilet god, "Odius Max" (English translation: the Big Stinker), will arrive in December of this year and flush the world down the crapper.

Odius Max:

I also learned that if there is a suitable sacrifice to Odius Max, he will spare the world.  Here's my sacrifice that will save us all:

(Sorry for the large number of photos, but this sucker takes up a lot of real estate!)

Circuits:
Top Left: Solstice Reverb by Valve Wizard
Top Right: Umble Tone Stack by runoffgroove.com
Bottom Left: Noisy Cricket amp-Schematic by bevisaudio.com
Bottom Center: Tillman Preamp by Don Tillman
Bottom Right: TDA2822 Stereo Amp (for play-along MP3 backing tracks)

The two battery holders on the right are wired in parallel for those extra-long portapotty sessions.

(Sorry-Photo keeps un-rotating)

Flush the output from the Noisy Cricket to the speaker jack or flush the unamplified signal to the external amp jack.
The two speakers are for listening to backing tracks played through the stereo amp.

And finally-If you're not bored enough, here's a really exciting video of the monstrosity in action :)
(YouTube gave me some winner thumbnails to choose from-LOL!)

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Govmnt_Lacky

OK folks... here is my 1000 entry!

Upon entering this contest, I decided to take a logical "End of the World" approach. I asked myself...... "Self, What kind of pedal would you want to be playing at the end of times?" In other words, I wanted to build something that went beyond the novelty of the competition. I wanted something that I would KEEP on my pedalboard.

I decided on this. The Electroharmonix Echoflanger Circe 1978 which I call the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse for its four distinct but very usable settings . This bad boy comes equipped with on-board dual 1024 horsepower!!!!

S-A-D-1-0-2-4-A..... that spells apocolyptic MOJO!!! And, with it's own built-in transformer and illuminated power indicator rocker switching, the entire family can enjoy this little slice of heaven up until the world disintegrates!

For your consideration and viewing pleasure I proudly present my entry:

Can you smell that New Old Chip smell??
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Vallhagen

Ah, i almost forgot to post in this thread too. Here's a copy'n'paste of my post in the pictures thread:
**********************************************************************************

My contribution to the 10^3 contest.

UniversHell EntröpeeH - THE END @ 2,73K

The leading theory among physicists - as well as in common beleif - is that The very End of all ends, The End of what once was started by the Big Bang, The End of the Universe itself... THE END, will eventually emerge as the UNIVERSAL ENTROPY (or if you like, the heat death). When all the differencies in thermal energy (the least valuable form of energy) has evened out; nothing can live, nothing can emerge. Everything is dead, silent, dark and still. And beautiful :icon_twisted:. Muahahahaaahhhh...

And also... as a rest from the Big Bang, we have cosmic particle radiation which keeps the emptiness out there - the universe - at a steady temperature of 2.73K. (Yes, it's not 0K out there, it's a liiiiittle bit warmer than that).

That temperature, 2.73K, gives the final evened out temperature of the heat death - the Universal Entropy - The End.

So; to celebrate this final phase of of all phases, i thought it would suite to design a low pass filter that cuts everything above 2,73K . So i did. I actually bothered to get my hands on some 4120 Ohm resistors to get the values right.

I could have set up a box filled with just that filter, but i also needed something to filter away. Something screamy, bombastic, Hellish and weird.  "Christine" fulfills those requirements.

So be it ... UniversHell EntröpeeH - THE END @ 2,73K ... is the Christine circuit followed by a 2,73kHz lp filter. Pictures below.

Now someone may observe that there is some confusion among the units here. Well. Everything for the sake of art. A K is a K. Capital letter or not. ::)

Cheers all! Lovely forum. Excuse my swenglish:)

/Bengt

Hmm... This time I am more proud of the idea and enclosure design than the interior... but well, rules sais gut shots required...

I notice some intense and ambitious builds so far:) Nice stuff indeed! May i use that flushin toilet god as the evening fairy for the kids?  :icon_lol:

Well i am happy to be in. I have really looked fw to page 1000. Maybe i kept my build too  simple in comparison... or maybe i just hit the nail... You decide:)

frequencycentral

I'm in Granada right now, just visited Alhambra Palace. Back in the UK on Saturday. My wifi access is limited as I'm cruising. Looking forward to seeing all the entries. Judging will commence on Sunday.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Jdansti

Quote from: frequencycentral on August 09, 2012, 08:10:59 AM
I'm in Granada right now, just visited Alhambra Palace. Back in the UK on Saturday. My wifi access is limited as I'm cruising. Looking forward to seeing all the entries. Judging will commence on Sunday.

Great- We work our asses off building and posting these magnificent pedals and you're cruising to Granada and visiting the Alhambra Palace.  Well, La-Dee-Frickin-Da!!!

Just kidding!!! Hope you have a great holiday!  Excluding my entry, the others have been awesome. Choosing a winner won't be easy.  (Wow, this is beginning to sound like a "suck up" post...) :P
  • SUPPORTER

nicofx

Here's my 1000 entry!

Pandemic Disaster.. it's a Gristleizer! The big glass lens flashes with the speed.

slacker

azrael

Runoffgroove Thor. I made it have two switchable bright caps. 4.7nF and 470pF, on a ON-OFF-ON toggle.
Top mount jacks, and a small profile DC Jack from musikding. :D

As far as the end of the world...in the Marvel universe, Thor at one point helped to bring about Ragnarok and destroy Asgard. 

tuckster

Govmnt_Lacky: I wanted to take the same pic as you did, I love the horse on the right side. Fortunately I choose another one :D

Here's my

Orange Peel ~ Maya Edition

Not enough time (at least not for me), sloppy cabling, not really thoroughly thought through arrangement of the stuff inside the enclosure. As always "next time everything on pcb" :D
My first "big" perf pcb and it is not that bad.

At first the pics then the explanation:
Pics are clickable... damn imagebam prohibits inline linking....

As you know the maya had this wonderfull calendar that predicts the end of the Nine Underworlds on 14 July 2012 and the descent of Bolon Yokte' K'uh at the end of b'ak'tun 13 (December 21 2012).
Some might say that this hell of a god is going to do some nasty stuff to our world..... :icon_twisted:  but as I learned it is just the beginning of a new era ;)
Unfortunately I started "designing...." this enclosure a few days before they found a new calendar in May this year.

I spend hour of searching for maya glyphs and finally found a few that might fit to the english words:

Glyph above the foot switch means B'AK'TUN 13. Engage the pedal and wipe out this world  :icon_evil:
Glyphs from right to left:
   CHAAN/KAAN --> "sky" --> treble
   KAB' --> "earth" --> bass
   JOM --> "to throw down, to destroy, to demolish, to end" --> gain
   LA-KA-MA --> "large, big, great" --> volume

The rotary switch is for the high pass filter

The inside is green because I wanted to put some aquarium plastic plants in it to create a rain forrest and put some alien miniatures between the plants. You know, in our real world the aliens killed all this poor maya guys.
This stuff didn't arrive yet.... ::)

Ok now am I the penultimate?  :-X

• SUPPORTER

artifus

asatbluesboy

Quote from: Jdansti on August 09, 2012, 03:02:25 AM
Just posted mine.  Glad it's over!!! :D

EDIT: Just re-read the rules and they say that you have to post on BOTH this thread and the Pictures thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Jdansti on August 09, 2012, 02:55:34 AM

My entry comes with a short story:

After researching this Mayan calendar thing, I discovered exactly how the Earth will be destroyed.  The Mayan toilet god, "Odius Max" (English translation: the Big Stinker), will arrive in December of this year and flush the world down the crapper.

Odius Max:

I also learned that if there is a suitable sacrifice to Odius Max, he will spare the world.  Here's my sacrifice that will save us all:
You need to hook me up with the guy that sells you whatever is the shit you do, dude... Awesome.
...collectors together and emitter to base? You're such a darling...

ton.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: tuckster on August 09, 2012, 02:31:10 PM
Govmnt_Lacky: I wanted to take the same pic as you did, I love the horse on the right side. Fortunately I choose another one :D

Yeah. I was going to go Mayan as well but I was kinda skiddish as it was mentioned so many times in reference to the competition. I thought it was gonna be over used. Looks like I was wrong.  8)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jdansti

Quote from: asatbluesboy on August 09, 2012, 05:57:36 PM

You need to hook me up with the guy that sells you whatever is the sh*t you do, dude... Awesome.

Sorry-I can't blame my insanity on anything I consume. :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

asatbluesboy

Quote from: Jdansti on August 09, 2012, 06:15:20 PM
Quote from: asatbluesboy on August 09, 2012, 05:57:36 PM

You need to hook me up with the guy that sells you whatever is the sh*t you do, dude... Awesome.

Sorry-I can't blame my insanity on anything I consume. :icon_wink:
Damn you twice, then!  ;)
...collectors together and emitter to base? You're such a darling...

ton.

Jdansti

Chirp Chirp Chirp Chirp Chirp Chirp

Current time:
N. America 4-10PM
Europe  1-3AM
Australia 7AM-Noon
S. America 8-10PM

First pedal post: 8/8 around 8PM US East Coast. 
Last pedal post:  8/9 around noon US East Coast. 
# Pedals posted: 10
Time since last post: 9 hrs.  ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • SUPPORTER

rockhorst

Yeah, no exploding picture thread...weird
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

tuckster

the end is nigh
are some countries already gone? :icon_evil:

Edit: my post #200!!! That means you don't have to post, I get the price :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER

slacker

Unless they're scared off by the amazing stuff posted already,there's bound to be some people who sneak their entries in last minute.
Still got a day and a half to go.

deadastronaut

this was going to be my entry...too little too late i now...but been uber busy.. :'(...the ufo lights will be/are  led chaser/vu meter with trimmer inside for speed...

UFO INVASION double delay...ETCHED..i'll probably finish it by december 21st... ::) :icon_mrgreen:

@slacker: demo?

@rick:  congrats man!... ;)

GOOD LUCK FELLAS. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

slacker

Nice, hope we get to see it for real.
Demo sometime this weekend, ran out of time before page 1000 hit, pedal was finished literally 5 minutes before I posted the pictures.