1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveyouseenhim

^ You speak american better than me and i'm american :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Jdansti

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on August 27, 2012, 11:05:41 PM
^ You speak american better than me and i'm american :icon_lol:

^ You speak American better than I ...  :P
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

haveyouseenhim

^ Not sure if you got the joke or are just joking  ??? :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on August 27, 2012, 11:42:53 PM
^ Not sure if you got the joke or are just joking  ??? :icon_lol:

I be messin' wit ya!   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER

oldschoolanalog

I ain't be got no patence for no bad I, you, me englsh jive jokes. Noam say?
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Jdansti

I herd dat, Bro! I shudn't be tellin peeple how 2 spek. Jus tryin ta livin dis ded thred up $um.  :D
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Jdansti on August 28, 2012, 01:35:46 AM
I herd dat, Bro! I shudn't be tellin peeple how 2 spek. Jus tryin ta livin dis ded thred up $um.  :D

Fo sho. Butcha no.... Dey be lest 5 pepl watchin dis thred  :icon_lol:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

artifus

american merkin - fixed it for you  :P

Tony Forestiere

Four Cajuns wander into a thread... ;D

Good luck to the finalists. Inspiring and artful builds. There are no losers here.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

artifus

ha!

Quote from: bill hicksit was a round world last time i checked

Satchmoedie

Cajun, Spanglish, Tex Mex (really fun), and Creole I was born here and cannot communicate with half the "Merkins NE Moe".  Don't botha me none too much tho. I lenrned me sum Spanish, but I talks really slow and point a lot. (it was a very small sum of Spanish)  As for the 1000 contest,  I am usually off doing actual work, until I get stuck on a new problem and come here for guidance. The DSP FFT algorithms are usually what I think I need to seek. I need a clean octave up bass boost now. Actually I needed it last week, but when I get time travel figured out I am outta here. I'd feel cheep throwing another overdrive out for a contest, and clone mods, are all sold out on the Univibe vintage + 3. Good luck y'all!  ;D

Earthscum

Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

haveyouseenhim

^   lol  awesome.    the descendence are on my 14y/o  section of my playlist    i still like em     
  • SUPPORTER

slacker

While we're waiting for the judges to deliberate, If anyone's interested here's the schematic for the audio part of the Babelfish, http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/slackers-stuff/babelfish/babelfishschem.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

This is the core of the thing it's just missing LCD and the PIC that controls the display and handles patch selection. Those bits aren't necessary, you could build it like this using switches to select the patches. I'll post the schematic for the LCD and the code when I've tidied it up a bit.

EDIT: Just spotted an error, there should be a resistor in series with LED2.

Keppy

Quote from: Earthscum on August 28, 2012, 10:36:22 PM

Heh. I used to work for that band's drummer when that EP was released. Don't think I had a credit on it, though I worked on some of the B-side tracks that were probably never released. I actually just sent him a pedal a few months ago. :icon_biggrin:
"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

Jdansti

Quote from: slacker on August 29, 2012, 02:39:53 PM
While we're waiting for the judges to deliberate, If anyone's interested here's the schematic for the audio part of the Babelfish, http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/slackers-stuff/babelfish/babelfishschem.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

This is the core of the thing it's just missing LCD and the PIC that controls the display and handles patch selection. Those bits aren't necessary, you could build it like this using switches to select the patches. I'll post the schematic for the LCD and the code when I've tidied it up a bit.

EDIT: Just spotted an error, there should be a resistor in series with LED2.

Thanks Slacker!   Probably a stupid question, but I'm unfamiliar with the Spin FV-1. Your schematic shows the EPROM at the bottom. Do us stone age analog guys just omit the EPROM?

EDIT:

I just found this on the FV-1 lititure:

The use of an external EEPROM is optional, and in the case of designs that do not make use of this expansion option, the SCK and SDA pins may be left open. T1 however must be grounded, and T0 must be connected to ground (internal programs) or VDD (EEPROM programs).

1) So if you leave out the EPROM, how functional are the preprogrammed effects in the onboard ROM?
2) Does Spin's development board just allow you to build programs?  Does it allow you to load the finished program to multiple FV-1s or EPROMs?
3) How difficult would you say the programming is for folks who haven't programmed anything other than Visual Basic macros in Excel?
4) Do you or anyone else sell preprogrammed EPROMs for the FV-1?
  • SUPPORTER

slacker

Yeah the EEPROM is for storing external programs, you can use it without and use the internal programs. There's chorus, flanger, trem, pitch shift, delay and two reverbs. These are nice, the chorus and flanger probably won't excite to many people on here compared to dedicated analogue units, but they're perfectly useable. The EHX Holy Stain pedal uses some of the internal effects, so you can get an idea what they sound like.

I haven't got one, but I think the dev board only allows you to program its on board EEPROM. The software for it can be used without a dev board, which is what I do, and can create hex files that you can then write to an EEPROM using any programmer. I use a PICKit 2 programmer, but I'm looking at cheaper options. I'm thinking of trying a serial port one, as most PCs and laptops still have those, and they can be built using a few passive components, which most people here would probably have in their junk box, there's free open source software available that uses them.

I started messing with the FV-1 about 18 months ago having never done any programming other than a bit of basic as a kid. The Spin website has lots of example code and code for a number of complete effects. You can get quite a long way just taking building blocks from those and combining them without fully understanding everything that's going on, same as you can with circuits. There's only a small number of instructions so a lot of it is figuring out how to do what you want using them.

I don't know of anyone selling preprogrammed EEPPROMs. If there's any demand I'm thinking of selling FV-1 chips on a through hole adaptor, so people can play with them without having to get into SMD, and possibly offering preprogrammed EEPROMs. Even if I don't do that I'd be happy to burn a few for people who wanted them.

markeebee

I'm posting a picture of my shoe in the 1000 competition thread,  and it doesn't seem that weird.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: markeebee on August 30, 2012, 01:34:24 PM
I'm posting a picture of my shoe in the 1000 competition thread,  and it doesn't seem that weird.

:icon_lol:  :icon_rolleyes:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'