Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral/Slade

TOP 3!

...in the order in which they were posted:

nicofx

Haddock

pakrat

^^^ One of you guys is the winner...further deliberations to follow...(...how long can we stretch it out? Maybe until the end of the World...)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: frequencycentral/Slade on August 31, 2012, 11:51:10 AM
TOP 3!

nicofx

Haddock

pakrat

^^^ One of you guys is the winner...further deliberations to follow...(...how long can we stretch it out? Maybe until the end of the World...)

Thats my bet!!

Meh  :icon_rolleyes:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pakrat

(...how long can we stretch it out? Maybe until the end of the World...)

That's not too long considering it's only 4 months away  :icon_frown:

Govmnt_Lacky

@pakrat...

Did you ever get your Doomstortion finished and running? Would love ot hear some sound clips if you would be so kind.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

pakrat

Yes, I had it working after doing a full rebuild. I switched to the tonepad version of the scrambler because I just couldn't get the ustomp version to work. Then, I bring it down to the studio before rehearsal to really test it out, and my "friend" powered it up with reverse polarity killing my only LM741. I have already changed all of the electros but waiting for the 741. So.... yes, and no.

cloudscapes

TOP 3!

nicofx

Haddock

pakrat

tease!  :icon_lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

pakrat

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 31, 2012, 01:11:42 PM
@pakrat...

Did you ever get your Doomstortion finished and running? Would love ot hear some sound clips if you would be so kind.

I picked up the 741 and it's working again. I never tried a distortion plus before but it sounds better than I expected. It's very warm with the gemaniums and the leds give a boost with much more crunch and distortion too. When the doom side is engaged it sounds sort of sitar-ish, almost a reverse delay that responds really well to pick attack. It has a ton of weird sounds when both sides are engaged, and adjusting the output of the drive side can make it go from synth like sounds to super saturated death (Mark Hammer was right). Definitely a strange sounding effect with a lot of options for so few knobs. I'm not too sure I would use it in my every day board, but I plan to throw it on a recording somewhere for weirdness. I will see if I can put together a sample sometime soon, but I have no idea where to host it.

robmdall

Have we had the honer of seeing the finished prize yet? Did I miss it?

bd

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: robmdall on September 05, 2012, 12:21:48 PM
Have we had the honer of seeing the finished prize yet? Did I miss it?

bd

Was never posted.  :-\ Probably see it when the winner is finally chosen.

Coming up on the 1 month anniversary of the 1000th page  :icon_cool:

haveyouseenhim

I didn't know a chicken could survive that long without a head. :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Ice-9

Quote from: slacker on August 29, 2012, 02:39:53 PM
While we're waiting for the judges to deliberate, If anyone's interested here's the schematic for the audio part of the Babelfish, http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/slackers-stuff/babelfish/babelfishschem.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

This is the core of the thing it's just missing LCD and the PIC that controls the display and handles patch selection. Those bits aren't necessary, you could build it like this using switches to select the patches. I'll post the schematic for the LCD and the code when I've tidied it up a bit.

EDIT: Just spotted an error, there should be a resistor in series with LED2.

Hi Ian,
I don't want to clog up the 1000 competition thread with too much off topic stuff, but I just wondered what route you went down for the micro. Have you used the Atmel or Pic chips. I am interested as I also have done a bit with the FV-1 but have used the Pic 16f628 to control patch changes and led display.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

slacker

I used a pic 16F690 because I had one to hand that came with my PICKit dev board. The code is written using the free version of Hi-Tech C.
It uses a pot hooked up to one of the ADC inputs, this generates the 3 bit number to select the patch, this is fed to three of the pic's outputs hooked up to the "S" pins on the FV-1. The text for the relevant patch is displayed on the LCD, using some sample code provided with Hi-Tech C to interface the pic to the LCD.

I'll start a separate thread, with all the code and schematics.

Ice-9

Quote from: slacker on September 07, 2012, 12:49:51 PM
I used a pic 16F690 because I had one to hand that came with my PICKit dev board. The code is written using the free version of Hi-Tech C.
It uses a pot hooked up to one of the ADC inputs, this generates the 3 bit number to select the patch, this is fed to three of the pic's outputs hooked up to the "S" pins on the FV-1. The text for the relevant patch is displayed on the LCD, using some sample code provided with Hi-Tech C to interface the pic to the LCD.

I'll start a separate thread, with all the code and schematics.

Cool, I look forward to reading about this, I went a different route with the patch selection. I used a momentary footswitch on one input of the PIC which increments a binary counter, three PIC outputs then send the binary code to the FV-1. I will keep a lookout for the thread .  ;D
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

deadastronaut

i got impatient to see the winner and the prize so i awarded myself a prize anyway..(a few pints of homebrew beer :P)

i made a speech afterwards,  i thanked my wife, my cat, and myself....it was very emotional. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

stallik

Congratulations. What a great idea! Think I might have my own little ceremony to distract me from my current idea of trying to shoehorn a dr.boogie into a 1590a
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

garcho

QuoteI'll start a separate thread, with all the code and schematics

You're a gem Slacker!

Stalin's mantra was 'no man, no problem'. Made me think of this thread, 'no pedal, no problem'.  ;D

+1 @ homebrew!!! always important to thank yourself, too.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

frequencycentral/Slade

We have a winner. He has been informed.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Perrow

Quote from: frequencycentral/Slade on September 10, 2012, 05:03:26 PM
We have a winner. He has been informed.

Your mail must have been lost, please send again  :icon_mrgreen:
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)