1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artifus

@perrow - i don't under-thand?! - though it's never hard to confuse me, i'd be the first to admit.

@jdasnsti - don't we all?!

@slacker - that took me a while - then i got my old school calculator out and you almost win by default - i laughed out loud (and yes, i did just write that out in long hand you youngen's - i remember when all this was just fields!)

@garcho - ha! that's how all my builds look! and you want a prize?!

@haveyouseenhim - ...erm, ...you have to be in it to win it? *winces* ...errr... i'll get me coat...

how we gonna do this vote thing, then?

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

artifus

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on September 15, 2012, 02:16:05 PM
:icon_redface: just felt like sharing :icon_rolleyes:

i was just pulling your... oh, never mind!  :P

Jdansti

Quote from: artifus on September 15, 2012, 02:10:20 PM

How about we ask Urs to confidentially tally the votes? Each participant could PM him.
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER

artifus

Quote from: Jdansti on September 15, 2012, 02:21:43 PM

How about we ask Urs to confidentially tally the votes? Each participant could PM him.

was worried such an endeavour would overwhelm an in box but involving urs in the judging is a top idea - i like it!

Govmnt_Lacky

I would have to vote for either Beo or JDansti  :-\

Beo - GREAT project, great etch, Fantastic idea

JDansti - GREAT project, great video, C'MON MAN.... He did it with a TOILET SEAT!!!  :o
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jdansti

Quote from: artifus on September 15, 2012, 02:34:02 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on September 15, 2012, 02:21:43 PM

was worried such an endeavour would overwhelm an in box but involving urs in the judging is a top idea - i like it!

It would be 14 short PMs, right?
  • SUPPORTER

artifus

Quote from: Jdansti on September 15, 2012, 02:58:49 PM

i'm not sure i understand - as i said, i'm easily confused - where'd 14 come from? there are more than 14 members on this board, surely? or is this all just an elaborate truman show esque hoax to call me out on how much of a dick i've been all my life?!  :icon_mrgreen:

i thought a basic vote on all entries would do. just not sure how to collect and count  'em.

Perrow

Quote from: artifus on September 15, 2012, 03:28:14 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on September 15, 2012, 02:58:49 PM

i'm not sure i understand - as i said, i'm easily confused - where'd 14 come from? there are more than 14 members on this board, surely? or is this all just an elaborate truman show esque hoax to call me out on how much of a dick i've been all my life?!  :icon_mrgreen:

i thought a basic vote on all entries would do. just not sure how to collect and count  'em.

Only those who participated in the contest would be allowed to vote. To keep the effort of counting votes down.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

artifus

yes sa, massa, sa!  :P

sorry, you're prolly on your phone and keeping it short and sweet.

i imagined an open vote but am open to suggestions. the idea was to find a 'winner' as voted for by the community rather than 'judges' and is just a bit of fun. the 'prize' is a bit of a joke but should at least provide some amusement if not functionality to the 'winner' or maybe just some spare parts. no disrespect to fc/slade nor the real winner, just trying to drum up some community spirit and keep up the fun.

Jdansti

Sorry-I misread your first post about this. You said "only members should be able to vote" and I heard "only contestants should be able to vote". But now that it's out there, what do y'all think about the idea?

Otherwise, doesn't the forum have a polling feature if you want to open voting to the entire membership?  We could investigate whether this would work for members only.
  • SUPPORTER

Perrow

Quote from: artifus on September 15, 2012, 05:08:41 PM
yes sa, massa, sa!  :P

sorry, you're prolly on your phone and keeping it short and sweet.

i imagined an open vote but am open to suggestions. the idea was to find a 'winner' as voted for by the community rather than 'judges' and is just a bit of fun. the 'prize' is a bit of a joke but should at least provide some amusement if not functionality to the 'winner' or maybe just some spare parts. no disrespect to fc/slade nor the real winner, just trying to drum up some community spirit and keep up the fun.

Yes, on phone.

I thought it'd be fair with a jury of equally guilty ;D
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

artifus

yeah, i'm aware of the poll feature but there's nothing to stop me voting time and time again which is what i meant by abuse, which is why i thought of pm's but then if an inbox is overloaded... maybe there's a way to do it online via this thread: we could just set a date and i'll count 'em all up at the end - i just hoped there'd be an automated way of going about it instead.

*edit*

ok here we go - seven days. every post in this thread from hence forth will be counted one week from now if you start your post with the word VOTE: in capitals followed by the name of the entry, ie:

VOTE: jdansti

i'll count 'em up next weekend if no one comes up with anything better.

this removes anonymity which is a bit of a bummer but may prove fun regardless. unless anyone has a better idea i'm gonna run with this.

Jdansti

Quote from: artifus on September 15, 2012, 06:38:04 PM
yeah, i'm aware of the poll feature but there's nothing to stop me voting time and time again which is what i meant by abuse, which is why i thought of pm's but then if an inbox is overloaded... maybe there's a way to do it online via this thread: we could just set a date and i'll count 'em all up at the end - i just hoped there'd be an automated way of going about it instead.

*edit*

ok here we go - seven days. every post in this thread from hence forth will be counted one week from now if you start your post with the word VOTE: in capitals followed by the name of the entry, ie:

VOTE: jdansti

i'll count 'em up next weekend if no one comes up with anything better.

this removes anonymity which is a bit of a bummer but may prove fun regardless. unless anyone has a better idea i'm gonna run with this.

I assumed that the polling function only allowed each member to vote once per poll. It doesn't seem very useful otherwise.
  • SUPPORTER

garcho

QuoteI go where the money is...

Oh, is that where?
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

haveyouseenhim

What if she was a stripper? Then it would be where the money is. :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

elenore19

Maybe I missed it somehow, but did we ever get pictures of the slade/frequency central build that was the prize?? I really wanna see it. Seriously.

deadastronaut

^ me too!..

the last comp prize took a while though as rick and slade are thousands of miles apart, and to and fro the pedal...but it'll be worth the wait!!!.. :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//