1000 competition !!

Started by frequencycentral/Slade, April 03, 2012, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 23, 2013, 02:26:30 PM
There are people working on getting this resolved and I am sure it will be done in good time .

Indeed. i have the box, i'm just awaiting the template to design around ok...some of us are very very busy. ;)

thy will be done!!!!..then a few amen's will be in order i'm sure!.... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 24, 2013, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 23, 2013, 02:26:30 PM
There are people working on getting this resolved and I am sure it will be done in good time .

Indeed. i have the box, i'm just awaiting the template to design around ok...some of us are very very busy. ;)

thy will be done!!!!..then a few amen's will be in order i'm sure!.... 8)

In hindsight I should have just PM'd you.

Hindsight is always 20/20
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Govmnt_Lacky

Good on you Rob!

Can't wait to see what you come up with  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Haddock

Hello,

Any news about the competition price??? ???

Happy easter follks  ;)

Greetings
Urs

Govmnt_Lacky

Oh wow...

Nearing the 1 year anniversary of the competition announcement  :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

garcho

Let's have another contest and call it 'Urs Fest'. We all agree that the winner ships their winning pedal to Urs, shipping paid for by entry fees via the forum. If there's enough money left, maybe throw the winning builder 50 bucks or something to cover COGS.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Jdansti

An occasional progress update would be helpful.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: garcho on March 31, 2013, 02:00:46 PM
Let's have another contest and call it 'Urs Fest'. We all agree that the winner ships their winning pedal to Urs, shipping paid for by entry fees via the forum. If there's enough money left, maybe throw the winning builder 50 bucks or something to cover COGS.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........  8)

The Yours for Urs competition.... Who's gonna run it?  :icon_eek:

EDIT2: The OCRR competition (Operation Competition Reputation Rescue) Sounds like a Disney song title  :icon_twisted:

midwayfair

At this point, bumping the thread is probably just reminding people of the debacle.

Frequency Central obviously has enough business that there's no way that not delivering a prize is going to hurt him, plus he got the free advertisement from running the contest. I mean, spending 5 minutes a day on a pedal would have had it built a long time ago, and Rick still finds time to post things on the forum like a video of an LED blinky thing.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

SmoothAction

Ouch! I agree with you whole heatedly Jon. I didn't enter (my builds are sh•t), but I sure do feel for you guys that did.  :icon_frown:
Accountability, your word is your bond, cough cough.
"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: midwayfair on March 31, 2013, 08:28:49 PM
At this point, bumping the thread is probably just reminding people of the debacle.

Frequency Central obviously has enough business that there's no way that not delivering a prize is going to hurt him, plus he got the free advertisement from running the contest. I mean, spending 5 minutes a day on a pedal would have had it built a long time ago, and Rick still finds time to post things on the forum like a video of an LED blinky thing.

It's not hurting him of course. It's the fact that they STOLE from the forum is what has a few people upset.

Quote from: frequencycentral/Slade on April 04, 2012, 08:23:37 AM
This time there has to be an entry fee of $10 USD, we need to cover some costs as the enclosure has to be shipped halfway across the world twice even before it goes to the winner. We need $150 to go towards costs, anything over that will be contibuted to Aron/diystompboxes to help keep this wonderful forum going. Bear in mind that a stock Sonic Death Ray sells for $450 USD:

- and the one built for this competition will be a collectors item should the world survive past 2012. How to pay your entry fee will be announced shortly - we wanna work it out so people know we're not just scammin' ya!
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Govmnt_Lacky

A CHARITABLE DONATION, FROM CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS, IN THE AMOUNT OF $150 CAN BE MADE OUT TO URS  :icon_evil:

midwayfair

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on March 31, 2013, 09:47:36 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on March 31, 2013, 08:28:49 PM

It's not hurting him of course. It's the fact that they STOLE from the forum is what has a few people upset.

Quote from: frequencycentral/Slade on April 04, 2012, 08:23:37 AM
This time there has to be an entry fee of $10 USD, we need to cover some costs as the enclosure has to be shipped halfway across the world twice even before it goes to the winner. We need $150 to go towards costs, anything over that will be contibuted to Aron/diystompboxes to help keep this wonderful forum going. Bear in mind that a stock Sonic Death Ray sells for $450 USD:

- and the one built for this competition will be a collectors item should the world survive past 2012. How to pay your entry fee will be announced shortly - we wanna work it out so people know we're not just scammin' ya!

Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't realize that they got part of the entry fees. I thought they had donated the prize, and that the entry fees went to the forum.

In that case I retract what I said. It's theft and he should return the money the forum provided unless he produces the prize. Who actually gave him the $150? Is it too late to open a claim of some sort? (Probably ...)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

slacker

The entry fees made up the $150, if I remember correctly Aron got some of it in the form of a donation to support the forum and the rest was to pay for the prize.

I like Greg's suggestion, someone has the money, giving it to Urs seems like a resonable way to bring this saga to an end.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: slacker on April 01, 2013, 11:08:33 AM
The entry fees made up the $150, if I remember correctly Aron got some of it in the form of a donation to support the forum and the rest was to pay for the prize.

Directly from Page 2:

"This time there has to be an entry fee of $10 USD, we need to cover some costs as the enclosure has to be shipped halfway across the world twice even before it goes to the winner. We need $150 to go towards costs, anything over that will be contibuted to Aron/diystompboxes to help keep this wonderful forum going. Bear in mind that a stock Sonic Death Ray sells for $450 USD:"

SO... $150 went towards paying for the prize... the rest went to Aron for the forum. Unless, the $150 was refunded to Aron already which remains uncertain  :-\

EDIT: If memory serves me correctly, there were 21 total entries so that would mean Aron got $60 towards the forum  :-\

Arcane Analog

frequencycentral

$50 went to Slade, $100 to me, I'm using it to build/ship the prize. Not sure what Slade plans to do with the other $50, perhaps he should forward it to deadastronaut who is etching the enclosure.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

aron

Please finish the prize and ship it out.

deadastronaut

@Urs/aron/guys.

designing started being done now!...i'm on it , i'll confirm the design/measurements etc with rick back n forth, then i'll etch n send to rick.

despite the time lag on this, and the understandable sense of urgency, i'm not going to rush the design/etch to satisfy everyone else, i just want to satisfy Urs.  as it needs to be nice ok... 8)

so soon guys...soon..... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

garcho

No pressure! We all know it will look great D'Astro. Especially next to a banger and a tall pint. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"