My new circuit - "1983 Fuzz" Old School Atari type fuzz

Started by timd, April 09, 2012, 04:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Angus

Plagiarism is the highest form of flattery. Or at least that's what they say.

It's possible someone re-drew it in CAD for personal use.
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

deadastronaut

if you want to keep a circuit secret......erm..... ;)

but at least a diagram/schematic redrawn should give credit where its due...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

kodiakklub

Quote from: kodiakklub on May 09, 2012, 09:31:27 AM
DA: an electrolytic i assume? which way would + go or does it matter? making a proper schem in eagle right now for this and will post it

i literally said i was drawing it and going to post it.
timd: i reuploaded it with your name on it. i copied exactly from your pencil drawing. if its wrong, then so seems to be your pencil drawing. please let me know what needs changing. i would like to build this.

Colonel Angus

Quote from: kodiakklub on May 09, 2012, 10:02:05 AM
i actually found it moments ago on another non-pedal related site. its the first google image result when searching "ic386"
timd: is this correct?

It seems like everyone thought you found this in a google image search. Regardless, sorry about the confus.

kodiakklub

oh. i see how that got way confusing super quickly :) im good at that (confusing people on accident). i would still love to have tim confirm this is correct. its a very interesting pedal. i would want to try this with a bass and an octave pedal like the mini pog. i feel its better suited for effected rhythm sounds. me likey fuzz of all flavors.

and tim: 82 was a much better year  ;)

Colonel Angus

petey twofinger

+1 83 was horrible  .

gonna try this thing when i get time .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

timd

Kodiakklub - yes, the schematic is accurate. I would love for someone else besides me to verify this build. Its a really nasty fun one.

Dead Astronaut - What does the 10uF cap do for the circuit. BTW - subbed. My son and I really like what you do with LED's!

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

aballen

This sounds great, I've been looking for a god ol, 555 atari/stomp pedal for a while.

Has anyone made a nice layout for this?
So many builds, I just can't list them anymore.

kodiakklub

UNVERIFIED!! but feel free to give it a whirl

just noticed no pull down resist on the in leg. how necessary is that? dang, dont have the LED resistor on the the 9v+ rail either. ill fix it friday night and repost, but according to timd, theres no reason this shouldnt work as is.

aballen

cool share an updated one when you can, I think I actually have all the parts.

will this fit in a 1590A?
So many builds, I just can't list them anymore.

kodiakklub

the board i think is about 1.75" x 1.25". and i have no idea if it fits in an A box. i dont use them.

timd

Has anyone else done this build? I want to know firsthand what people think of the circuit.

kodiakklub

ill hopefully have it done within 2 weeks. i will certainly report back

Vince_b

I have tried to breadboard it again today and I still cannot make it work. I have no output at all and the 556 gets really hot in a matter of seconds.
I don't know if it can makes a difference but are you using a CMOS 556?

timd

Vince - I don't know if it is or not. They should work the same... Have you tried a different 556 chip? Perhaps there was an issue with the one you tried.