Author Topic: 4: Switches/Bypass/Etc....  (Read 226621 times)

GarySpence

Re: 4: Switches/Bypass/Etc....
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2009, 04:01:20 PM »
Sorry, no voltage reading.

aron

« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2009, 04:03:07 PM »
OK, then you have no voltage going to the transistor/circuit. That's your problem.

Take a close look at how you wired the input jack and check your battery to make sure it's not dead.

GarySpence

« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »
Found some dodgy connections to the transistors. Thanks for the help.  :icon_wink:

aron

« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »
great. Good luck debugging!

Richy78100

« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »
Thx this helped me alot but if im not going to use a 9v battery can i use a mono jack and leave that part off?

aron

« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2009, 04:02:07 AM »
Yes. You should be able to do that.

insomniac

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2009, 04:51:07 AM »
hey everyone!

i hooked everything up and it all seem to be working fine except for the damn LED!

the only significant change i made is to connect the battery (-) to the circuit ground and the input ring to the circuit ground seperately (as shown in this picture),
instead of shortening the battery (-) to the input ring and from there to the circuit ground.

i figured it should work..
is it possible this is the reason why the LED doesn't light up?

if it is the reason why the LED doesn't light up, could you please explain to me why shouldn't it work?

aron

« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2009, 08:29:27 PM »
I would connect the battery negative to the ring because that will act as a switch to save battery life. Otherwise, it's going to constantly drain the battery.
Maybe you have the LED oriented the wrong way or have a too large resistor value?

insomniac

« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2009, 04:10:22 AM »
ok, i wired everything up exactly the way the original figure shows, and it works now D:

umm.. i used a 4k7 resistor, i guess the light is ok.

last question, is it ok that the LED turns on when i press the footswitch even if there's no cable plugged in?

GroovyMan

« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2009, 08:27:11 AM »
I think is fine as long as you're running off the DC socket. If you're using a battery the LED shouldn't come on until you have an input cable plugged in.
Ben
Next project: Ross Compressor
Completed: NPN Boost, Vox V847 True Bypass and DC socke mods.

jimmybjj

« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »
is the pot in the project necessary? would the circuit work without it?

jimmybjj

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2010, 08:49:14 PM »
Is the 47uf on the pot correct? Is the value correct? I can't seem to find that value on small bear. Is it supposed to be .47uf?

aron

« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2010, 11:09:21 PM »
Yes, the pot is the level control. The 47uF is correct. You can purchase all the parts from the STORE link above.

MBackus

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »
oookay.  So maybe I'm a complete N00B.... But I've built this and I'm about to try and plug it in for the first time.   But one thing has me real confused.  Where does the transistor go?  I built the actual circuit twice, but nowhere in the steps does it call for the installation of the transistor.   ???

MBackus

« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2010, 10:32:13 PM »
K. So I put it in the very obvious place the transistor would go.  On the three pin socket. But, which way does it go?  Both ways increase the volume, one way is not as much of a boost.  The other gets much more of a boost, but has a little distortion in the end.  My guess is the first way, but this step is not documented anywhere that I've seen.  :icon_eek:

MBackus

« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2010, 10:41:34 PM »
Got it.  Will post some pictures soon once i house it.  Thanks for the help.  Can't wait to move onto project two! :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Humboldts Finest

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2010, 08:50:25 PM »
I've got a quick question. I want to use two leds to signal when the boost is on (my pedal is gonna be a Big Titties Silicon Boost) get it? So I'm gonna use identical leds as part of the artwork Would I do this is parallel or series? Would the resistor value be different when using two leds instead of one?

Thanks, Brian

sbh

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2010, 06:29:52 PM »
I spent quite some time looking, so it may help to have a picture of the DPDT switch wiring w/LED on the same thread as 3PDT.

Hope it helps.

aron

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2010, 06:34:34 PM »
>So I'm gonna use identical leds as part of the artwork Would I do this is parallel or series? Would the resistor value be different when using two leds instead of one?

I assume you want both on and off at the same time. Simple wire as shown, but use two led+resistor strings. You can use a shared resistor as well.

isaksson

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2010, 07:24:27 AM »
hi,new to the forum,i hope this is the correct place to post.

what type of wire should i use to connect the jacks/switch to the circuits?

also,regarding to pots,i know of the different types (linear,audio,reverse audio),i have a 100k volume pot,can i use it for,say,the FAB echo mod?

apologies for the noob question,but im pretty much interested to learn if you guys are willing to teach ;)