Music Man 65 Amp-in-box Overdrive

Started by lioonel_dg, January 06, 2024, 07:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lioonel_dg

Hi there,

I love the overdrive flavour I get from pushing the front end of my Music Man 210-65 amp with a clean boost. I wanted, for versatility purposes, to recreate that sound in a pedal format. I thought I could just cascade in the same pedal, a boost circuit into a recreation of the preamp stage of the amp.

Could you help me determine up to where in the schematics, would I need to copy the preamp circuit in order to be the most effective ?

Thanks a lot for any help !

Rob Strand

Quote from: lioonel_dg on January 06, 2024, 07:57:39 PMCould you help me determine up to where in the schematics, would I need to copy the preamp circuit in order to be the most effective

The missing piece of info is can you get the tone you want with the Volume control turned down and Master up.  If that was the case you only need to mimic upto the Volume control.   Otherwise you would need to mimic upto the Master volume.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

lioonel_dg

I can get the tone I want with Volume down and Master up. So mimic up to Volume control I guess ! Thanks !

imJonWain

I did a pedal/preamp PCB for the HD130 preamp section.  It has an onboard +/-15V supply too.  Design files are up on oshpark and github if you want to get some made. 
  • SUPPORTER
TFRelectronics

Mark Hammer

Do you get the desired tone in either channel or only in one of them?