Aion Sapphire Amp Overdrive trouble

Started by ScottBeau, February 03, 2024, 02:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottBeau

Hello all . I just got done building this and I'm having some trouble . there is no sound at all . I am starting to go through some basic troubleshooting by checking powers and grounds and noticed that there is no power at pin 8 of the IC  among other place I have included the schematic and where the voltages are and aren't. At first glance it seems like a bad board but I'm thinking that's

unlikely .  please let me know if I have put enough info for thoughts . If Not I can put more

ElectricDruid

Well, something's weird because you've got a load of places marked "VA" that are at about 8.3V, and then several others that are at 0V. So perhaps there's a broken trace that's separating those points, since they're all supposed to be connected together. Maybe.

Can you post some photos of the PCB please? Both sides, and as much detail as you can manage. We might be able to spo something you've missed. More eyes always helps.

HTH,
Tom

antonis

On behalf of Tom, Welcome..!! :icon_wink:
Iberian Penisula (Continental Portugal) people are very discourteous but we love them due to Alfrocheiro Preto and Muscatel..

As already said, your measurements make no sense..
e.g. R33/R34 junction voltage should be equal to (ideally) or lower than (practically) VA/2..
(unless, of course, R34 actual value is higher than R33's one..) :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..