Self contained small DIY spring reverb- wiring help..mostly

Started by glenn.b, May 06, 2012, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zambo

I found it on one of the many links that started in this thread. I will see if I can find it again. just looked and could find it. Did find this  http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/foxweb.dll/extpage@d:/dfs/elevclients/cemirror/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=TECH_REVERB  it looks like you can estimate it by measuring dc resistance. so if your s measures 1 ohm input more or less with a volt meter you have an 8 to 10 ohm tank. 25 ohms = 150 to 190 ohm tank . So you could get away with an lm386 driver then you just have to put a volume knob in front of it ( and a buffer in front of that to stop signal loss when you split the signal at input ) so it doesnt distort. You just need a sweet recovery amp then. I think the SHO will work but I do need to run sheilded wire and enclose it before I can make any real determination. I was chopsticking it tonight and I am picking up all kinds of junk when I move the signal runs. I did add another buffer/booster where the signals meet again and it made an improvement. I think this could work alright. will post more results tomorrow. Sorry about the novel  :icon_redface:
I wonder what happens if I .......

mister707

The "blue IC1" is not an integrated circuit, is a unit of couldplate (resistors and capacitors) are usually used in the control stage of the preamp tone, the mid-60. I do not understand the diagram you posted, the input and output signals, as he connected the button on the dash?  :icon_eek: