How do I wire a Stupidly Wonderful Tone Control in a Fuzz Factory clone?

Started by Nicofromfrance, April 25, 2012, 08:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

i do beg to differ with the guys that know what they're doing...

sometimes, particularly with a "brootal" fuzz, the tone control sounds better in parallel with the INPUT of the fuzz, rather than tacked on the output.

it comes down to personal taste, but i find pre-tone sounds a lot more like rolling down the guitar tone pot (which is basically what's happening) and making it sweeter, where as post fuzz it can get a bit muddy and cause a volume drop.

my advice? try both ways, see which you prefer!!
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

cthulhudarren

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on May 22, 2012, 02:50:40 PM
i do beg to differ with the guys that know what they're doing...

sometimes, particularly with a "brootal" fuzz, the tone control sounds better in parallel with the INPUT of the fuzz, rather than tacked on the output.

it comes down to personal taste, but i find pre-tone sounds a lot more like rolling down the guitar tone pot (which is basically what's happening) and making it sweeter, where as post fuzz it can get a bit muddy and cause a volume drop.

my advice? try both ways, see which you prefer!!

Joe's mod should be good because it is paralleling at the .1uf, which is the only small cap in the signal chain.

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.