SHEcho Project - Another Build Report

Started by johnravacio, June 10, 2012, 06:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnravacio

After a couple of days of troubleshooting, I finally made this thing work. Yahoooooooo!!!!!

Thanks to Dean's design....

Mark Hammer

Nice build.  I have a pair of populated boards I was waiting to install into a rack unit, but it never dawned on me that the pads for the pots were spaced such that one could use headers and connectors.  Thanks for the idea!  :icon_smile:

mth5044

Interesting! What's it sound like / delay times?

johnravacio

Quote from: Mark Hammer on June 10, 2012, 09:56:10 AM
Nice build.  I have a pair of populated boards I was waiting to install into a rack unit, but it never dawned on me that the pads for the pots were spaced such that one could use headers and connectors.  Thanks for the idea!  :icon_smile:

Yes Mark, I was surprised too that the pads were spaced enough for headers and connectors. Just be careful when connecting them, because I broked the pcb foils for the pots when I forcefully connected them(see the glues on the pictures). I think the best thing to do is to glue the headers to the pcb before soldering. On my build, there was a little space between the headers and the pcb, causing the pcb foils to break when I connected the connectors. Or its just I had a poor type of pcb.

Quote from: mth5044 on June 10, 2012, 03:00:01 PM
Interesting! What's it sound like / delay times?

Hey Matthew, the sound was decent but not comparable to Boss DD-3 maybe because the HT8955A  AD/DA converters were not as good as those on the Boss pedals. Delay times is up to 800ms.