CE-2 Bass/Effect Level Mod

Started by mremic01, June 26, 2012, 10:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mremic01

I just built a CE-2 (stock) using Tonepad's layout and I was considering doing the wet bass switching mod. It says that you have to add a pot for the Effect Level too get it CE-2B specs, but I'm confused as to what the level pot does. I had assumed the depth pot controls the effect level. If I leave it out but do the wet bass switching, is that basically like having a CE-2B with the effect level dimed?
Nyt brenhin gwir, gwr y mae reit idaw dywedut 'y brenhin wyf i'.

hannibal827

Quote from: mremic01 on June 26, 2012, 10:49:56 PM
I just built a CE-2 (stock) using Tonepad's layout and I was considering doing the wet bass switching mod. It says that you have to add a pot for the Effect Level too get it CE-2B specs, but I'm confused as to what the level pot does. I had assumed the depth pot controls the effect level.

The depth pot controls the LFO sweep, i.e., the intensity of the modulation.  The "effect level" pot attenuates the delayed signal--it's more like a mix control.

Quote from: mremic01 on June 26, 2012, 10:49:56 PM
If I leave it out but do the wet bass switching, is that basically like having a CE-2B with the effect level dimed?

If you leave out the effect level pot, then yes, the effect level is dimed.

My .02--this mod doesn't really do much for me.  I find the CE-2 a less extreme chorus than, say, the Small Clone or Clone Theory already--great sounding, but not at all overwhelming on the bass frequencies.  Your experience might be different, obvs.
Pedals built: Pulsar; Uglyface; Slow Gear; Tri-Vibe; Tremulus Lune; Blues Driver; Fender Pro Vibrato; Nyquist Aliaser; Ultra Flanger; Clone Theory; Ibanez FL-301; Echo Base; Electric Mistress (Deluxe); Boss CE-2; Gristleizer; Maestro Filter Sample/Hold.

Tubebass

I have a CE-2B and the effect level control is always all the way up. Kinda useless really.
More dynamics????? I'm playing as loud as I can!

mremic01

Thanks guys, I think I'll give the wet bass mod a shot and just forget about the level.
Nyt brenhin gwir, gwr y mae reit idaw dywedut 'y brenhin wyf i'.