Line Selector Clone ??

Started by HOTTUBES, June 26, 2012, 11:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTTUBES

Has anyone built a sorta clone of the Boss LS2 ?? or something like it .  Just a shot in the dark here ..... :D

HOTTUBES

crane

Boss LS-2 is a really nice compact and versatile device. I guess rotatory switch makes it really hard to clone.
Although the schematic is available on this and may be other sites I really don't think that this device is worth cloning. Not that it's a bad pedal - I just can't imagine a diy project with 6 jacks 3 knobs and quite big pcb that would fit into a smaller unit than BOSS.
Although I've probably built >20 pedals I never tried making LS-2. It was easier to buy them on eBay. I bought both of them as not working and the were quite a bargain. The first came ~40$ incl shipping, the other was ~60$ incl shipping. I have no regrets about not building them since LS-2 are so compact.
The situation would be different if you were interested in only one particular feature of the LS-2. Still I doubt if it would be possible to beat the prices of used/not working items.

Processaurus

I've gotten two of them for $40 apiece.  Just buy one!

HOTTUBES

I was just looking to build myself a real quiet switching pedal that was a touch different than the usual suspects ... LOL !!

And yes , you are right the LS2 can be had for a good price these days !

Sebdeploudal