Large Stripboard

Started by musiclikscreams, June 27, 2012, 04:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musiclikscreams

i'm gonna build this guy: http://www.sabrotone.com/?attachment_id=2294 but i can't seem to find stripboard big enough... any help?

RandomGlitch

Well that layout is very "spaced out", you can omit some of the unused tracks easily.

From a quick look these would be g, k,
t, u (though that might mean you have to mount r4 vertically)
y, z, A

Perhaps this will make it possible to find a board wide enough.

Otherwise, I'd maybe just make the board wider, make some track cuts and "move" tracks t onward to the side somehow.

musiclikscreams

actually found a big one on ebay.  $8 shipped.  thanks tho guys!

Pyr0

That layout is spaced out on purpose, for on-board pot mounting. I've built a few and it certainly takes the pain out of the off board wiring. Harald does some great layouts.

RandomGlitch

Quote from: Pyr0 on June 27, 2012, 08:12:08 PM
That layout is spaced out on purpose, for on-board pot mounting. I've built a few and it certainly takes the pain out of the off board wiring. Harald does some great layouts.

Ah, of course how obvious it is now you pointed that out!  ;D

I intend to make next build (Wooly Mammoth clone) with on board pots too.  Except I'll not do the "landscape" alignment favoured by zvex, I think it places the knobs too close to the footswitch.

trjones1

Looks like you already found a board, but Futurlec's large stripboard would fit the bill. It is 34x42, with 42 being the number of strips. More than enough to accommodate that layout. It's also under $2, highest quality stripboard I've used, and if you order some other parts at the same time, shipping won't be that bad.