News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Almonds

Started by Ao, June 30, 2012, 09:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ao

Hey I'm not sure if anyone had this idea before me, but the metal cans from diamond almonds make great enclosures for simple pedals.
It is surprisingly durable and does not get crushed when you stomp on it. The circuit inside is basically half of a BMP with no tonestack designed to give a fuzz/distortion hybrid for soloing, the schematic is nothing spectacular, but I'll post it if anyone is interested.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/81610726@N07/7476004472/

PRR

Blue Diamond almonds?

• SUPPORTER

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Jdansti

Sounds kinda nutty to me.  :D

Seriously, I've thought of using tuna cans since they're shorter. I just haven't decided if I want round enclosures.  One potential problem with round enclosures is mounting hardware designed for flat surfaces on the curved surface of the can.

Hmm, maybe a Spam can...
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

PRR

Sardines come in more-rectangular boxes. They don't have the reclosable lid like nuts, but neither does tuna.
  • SUPPORTER

Cliff Schecht

Most stages are smelly enough to make me not want to use tin cans that have stored fish in them for an indefinite period of time. I'm all about saving money, but that idea stinks.. :D

Fender3D

lol

I used old Twinings tea boxes, but then were the 80'...
Now you can find cheaper metal boxes for electronic building everywhere
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Jdansti

I like the electrical boxes as super cheap rugged enclosures.  Duplex and 4-plex sizes give you plenty of room and they're deeper than the standard Hammond enclosures. I use a variety of washers on the knockout holes to mount the jacks, so I only need to drill the top plate.  Not something I'd sell to anyone, but they're very practical for my own use.

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...