WOW! Very Impressive stuff here!!

Started by J0K3RX, July 02, 2012, 07:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yazoo

I've got my Engl working! In the end I think it was a power supply issue. My 12 volt regulator was overheating and switching off. I was using an old laptop power supply rated at 19 volts and I had just used a thin piece of aluminium as a heat sink. I invested in a bench power supply and set that at 15 volts. When I powered everything up, the 12 volt regulator didn't overheat and everything now sounds good. I'm going to put better heat sinks on the power supply.

So thanks again KMG for being patient with me.  :)

Yazoo

I've got it all boxed up in a recycled 1U rack. I bought some transfer paper to do the legends for the controls. The only fiddly bit was getting it to feed through a laser printer but third time lucky on the labels setting did it. I painted a white stripe on the front and printed in reverse on transparent paper. The little box on the top is KMG's V30 speaker simulator.

Hemmel

That couch looks incredibly comfortable....

;)

Nice job, Yazoo ! Looks great !
Bââââ.

KMG

KMG

Yazoo

I'm now going to have a go at the 250 mW micro power amp. I've got another dumb question :icon_redface:

What type of quarter inch jack sockets should I use? I can see they have extra switching in them. Are they the Neutrik mono switched type NMJ4HC-S?

KMG