Just ordered my Arduino Uno

Started by aron, July 06, 2012, 12:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Looking forward to tinkering with this thing!!!!!
Finally another use for my years of C programming!  :)

cloudscapes

Enjoy!  :) They open up so many possibilities!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

aron

I think this (micro controllers) might the missing link between my analog pedals and my software skills. Now I can see that it's easy to create a MIDI foot pedal or controller. Should be fun!

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Colonel Angus

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA :DDDDDD

This random click made me smile! Thanks Perrow!
Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

SISKO

Quote from: aron on July 06, 2012, 12:41:45 AM
I think this (micro controllers) might the missing link between my analog pedals and my software skills. Now I can see that it's easy to create a MIDI foot pedal or controller. Should be fun!

Arduino is a great partner for midi stuff! A problem with pic and midi is that you cant have a precise control over time with C languaje and pics, and midi MUST be precise with timing.  The only solution Ive found reagarding pics and midi is to learn ASM, not a big deal nor a bad thing, but is time consuming
--Is there any body out there??--

Mark Hammer

I picked mine up in March, but have been too distracted by stuff to get to it.  But I think I want to make it into a drum machine.  Then, when my Raspberry Pi arrives in the fall (shipped in 11 weeks from now, I'm told), I'll see if the thing lends itself to being a looper.  It doesn't have A/D like the Arduino, but it has enough RAM to do something useful, so long as its simple.

aron

My ultimate goal is to finally finish my breath controller circuit, but I can see many distractions along the way with this arduino.

aron

Mark I saw that rasberry pi and that's another unit I would be interested in. Right now, the iPad and iPhone are keeping me busy, so the UNO seems like a fun toy to fool around with. I can't wait to interface it with my pedals.

Mark Hammer

A review of the Raspberry Pi in a recent issue of PC Pro puts it at about the power of a smartphone....albeit with better graphics handling and I/O.

One of the neat things about the Uno is that one can treat it much like a PIC programmer board.  So, you can develop the routines on your PC, burn them into the 328 on the board, and then simply lift the 328 out of the socket and install it elsewhere, replacing it with another 328.

garcho

I ordered one a while ago, only tinkered a little. I want to make a multi-LFO CV out box, with Arduino providing the more complicated shapes.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"