LT1044 Voltage Converter? (RG)

Started by AlexK, October 04, 2003, 05:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexK

RG,

In my thread about my Neutron "whining" due to the voltage doubler you mentioned that I could replace the 7660 w/ an LT1044.  I checked at Mouser and I couldn't find anything about it.  Do you have details about it or anywhere you think I could get one?  If anyone else has any idea where I could get one, I'd appreciate it also.

Thanks a lot,
Alex

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I think it has been obsoleted by the LT1054 (Digikey has it). Worth getting the data sheet, it is pin compatable with LTC1044 but can also regulate, if you need it.
Digikey does stil have the LTC1044, though.

AlexK

Thanks Paul.  All the 1054's say the output voltage is -4.7 to 5.2V.  I think I'm going to go with the LTC1044.  It's pinout is the same as the 7660 I was using earlier, right?

Thanks again,
Alex

zachary vex

yes, the maxim 1044 is the same pinout as the 7660, doesn't require an output diode, and you tie pin 1 to the + supply in order to run it at 6 times the switching frequency of a 7660.

zachary vex

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)I think it has been obsoleted by the LT1054 (Digikey has it). Worth getting the data sheet, it is pin compatable with LTC1044 but can also regulate, if you need it.
Digikey does stil have the LTC1044, though.

i don't think the lt1054 will obsolete the ltc1044... maxim doesn't even make a version of the lt1054 i don't think.  it seems to be a TI part.  the 1044/7660 is much more useful for flexible voltages, and it's quiescent current is really low so it's extremely handy for pedals and other low-current applications.  the 1054 is limited to a fixed voltage range, apparently, and although it can handle more current overall and has internal regulation, the standby current is about 2.5mA which is more than many of the pedals i make use in total.

AlexK

Thanks a lot Zach, that was very helpful.

-Alex