any Canadians????

Started by Canucker, July 08, 2012, 12:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingswayguitar

The French connection

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 08, 2014, 09:44:49 PM
Elvis Gratton pour premier minister!

It can be worse! Of two evils, choose the least... :P
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Mark Hammer

I can't believe I wrote "premier minister" and not "ministre".  Blame it on the tiny print on my tablet.

bluebunny

[blame]
tiny print on my tablet
[/blame]

Done.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

JFace

I find that Sayal has a decent selection of parts you need in an emergency. When it comes to quality connectors or unique chips/transistors...not so much. I did buy some 1n34a's for like $0.50 regular stock  8)

upspoon12

I'm in toronto myself. aside from making pedals i make high quality audio cables as well. (canare and neutrik materials)

What i am having trouble finding is electical theory knowlege as it pertains specifically to effects pedals (i want to start designing my own but don't have much in the way of theory)

Can anyone point me in the direction of some resources?

Thanks!

PRR

> point me in the direction of some resources?

This comes up over and over.

Top of this (and every) page here, the "SEARCH" button.

For search string try "design resources".
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

+1

Just in case it doesn't stand out in your search results, see the "GEOFX" link at the top of the forum webpage.

Otherwise, build some of the tried and true effects found on this and other forums and learn what the various components do.  Be sure to learn the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance (Ohm's law), as this helps with the understanding of how each component affects the circuit.  Search YouTube for videos that teach about audio circuits, transistors, resistors, capacitors, etc.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

davent

Quote from: upspoon12 on January 10, 2014, 12:00:13 PM
I'm in toronto myself. aside from making pedals i make high quality audio cables as well. (canare and neutrik materials)

Toronto's well represented around here.  http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=100507.0
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

mikitz

Canadian here. I can see that big pointy thing you have in Toronto when its not cloudy.
Amateur Pedal Maker for myself and friends

Hemmel

Quote from: mikitz on January 13, 2014, 10:34:55 AM
Canadian here. I can see that big pointy thing you have in Toronto when its not cloudy.

Rob Ford's syringe ?  ;D
Bââââ.

GGBB

Quote from: Hemmel on January 13, 2014, 10:41:53 AM
Rob Ford's syringe ?  ;D

That was completely uncalled for.  It's a crack pipe, not a syringe.  And he only uses it when he's in a drunken stupor, which is usually at night so I don't know how anyone could actually see it whether or not it is cloudy.  And it's not even that pointy.  Sheesh!   :icon_wink:

• SUPPORTER

Canucker

thats one way to avoid saying your from Scarborough  :icon_razz:

GGBB

Quote from: Canucker on January 13, 2014, 04:05:45 PM
thats one way to avoid saying your from Scarborough  :icon_razz:

Ouch!!!   :D
  • SUPPORTER

JerS

I live in Peterborough (90 mins east of Toronto). A1 on Queen St in Toronto is great for tools, solder, etc. Tayda is great for cheap shipping if you can wait, and Digikey is excellent for fast shipping. Bitches Love My Switches is also an excellent source for Neutrik jacks and cheap 3PDT switches. Very fast shipping from them, and reasonable too - never have been nicked for duty with them.

Canucker

I was in Peterborough last weekend...awesome town! Bluestreak and The Spill are awesome places and the comic shop is open till midnight on fridays! CRAZY!!!