maestro FZ-1, original owners manual store, copy

Started by joegagan, July 07, 2012, 02:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegagan

a gift from my friend bill richardson at www.studioguitar.com. he has been carrying it around for many years.

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

artifus

reverberation66

LucifersTrip

That's great....thanx for posting..."Do not be alarmed if it sounds Fuzzy"

Can someone remind me whether the 470/470K resistor from Q2B to (-) was an error left off the schematic in the manual, was on previous versions or was added later....and whether it's 470 or 470K

I'm pretty sure I used this for mine:

but I just noticed that the actual patent that analogguru posted says it's 470 ohm [#261, paragraph 35]
http://analogguru.an.ohost.de/001/patents/UsPat_3213181_Fuzztone.pdf

always think outside the box

bluesdevil

I own an original 1.5 volt 1966 FZ-1a and there is a resistor (yellow-violet-yellow) in that spot. Would that be 470k?
The manual shown in this thread is the earlier 2 battery model, so can't say if that one has it or not.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

LucifersTrip

Quote from: bluesdevil on July 09, 2012, 05:14:03 AM
I own an original 1.5 volt 1966 FZ-1a and there is a resistor (yellow-violet-yellow) in that spot. Would that be 470k?
yes:
http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/resistorcalculator.php

The manual shown in this thread is the earlier 2 battery model, so can't say if that one has it or not.
the original post title "FZ1 A" is an error...that's your 1.5V version

edit (yellow/violet/yellow...guess the patent is wrong):
http://guitar-mod.com/rg_pedal_maestro_repair.html

joegagan

oops, i mistitled the thread. maybe aron will fix it for me.
thread title should read FZ-1, not FZ1-A
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

reverberation66

so is the fz-1 factory schematic correct as posted or is there is a missing resistor?  I'm a bit confused here... ???

LucifersTrip

Quote from: reverberation66 on July 09, 2012, 06:20:48 PM
so is the fz-1 factory schematic correct as posted or is there is a missing resistor?  I'm a bit confused here... ???

the schematic is missing the resistor. see the pic above

aron

joegagan

LucifersTrip

it takes a lot of work (or lack of) to get the top of the stomp switch to rust !  classic...

aron

I think it's lack. Someone gave this to me - he said he hardly used it.

pinkjimiphoton

thanks joe!

my bud glenn has an original fz1, he's offered to let me take it to clone it, and i'll be seeing him tonite...

do you guys want me to get it so we can see what's inside it definitively? it's all original, to me, sounds like it could use a couple blocking caps replaced ...
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

LucifersTrip

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on July 10, 2012, 01:54:49 PM
thanks joe!

my bud glenn has an original fz1, he's offered to let me take it to clone it, and i'll be seeing him tonite...

do you guys want me to get it so we can see what's inside it definitively? it's all original, to me, sounds like it could use a couple blocking caps replaced ...

Since we know what's in it, I think the most important thing would be another set of voltages from an original (if it sounds good), but I'm sure everyone would love to see another set of guts!

joegagan

ya jimi , would love to see it. i am a li'l late to the maestro partee. i remember guys were into these years ago on this forum.

pinkjimiphoton

i will send glenn a message on facebook, ask him if maybe he can run it by so i can just get some voltage readings.

and pron! gotta have pron.

;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr